Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,943
Message 21 of 45

Re: AVOID LENOVO !!!

hi holle49,

Good day to you.

I've sent you an PM. Please kindly check it out.

Btw, for clarfication, i did not say that the Lenovo Rep has offered to speed up the process. I only mentioned that 'if i can get the rep's help on this case'. I'll inform the rep about your concern and see what can be done.

With thanks,

Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Former Administrator
Views: 1,870
Message 22 of 45

Troubles with defective IdeaPad purchased during international travel.

Holle49,

I've returned to the forum and will follow up with your rep Michael.   While receiving a defective system is in no way your fault, there are also, unfortunately some constraints regarding your situation that have made it more unique and difficult to resolve as quickly as both of us would prefer.

As you note, you arrived from another country and spent about 3 weeks in the US.

Because Lenovo direct's (tele / web sales) lead time on the system you wanted was longer than you had available, you elected to purchase through a business partner.

The terms of conditions set forth by that business partner apply.  I would have expected them to replace the unit for you from their inventory.  For whatever reason, that did not appear to happen.

The alternatives were :

1) Service - which due to your time constraints did not appear an option that you felt would meet your needs, and understandably you didn't want to service a brand new system.

2) Replacement through Lenovo.   I understand the sense of urgency on your part, but also point out that if we have a lead time to deliver the system new, it also stands to reason there would be a lead time to replace the system if purchased elsewhere. 

I'll take the opportunity to remind all that the forum is not a dedicated support channel, with staff and infrastructural connections to directly resolve all manner of issues for customers in every country.  This is clearly defined in the forum rules.

Best regards,

Mark

holle49
Punch Card
Views: 1,859
Message 23 of 45

Re: Troubles with defective IdeaPad purchased during international travel.

Att. Mark.

I don't like you, after your return from vacation, are writing in past tense.

Before you left, you sent me a PM stating a rep. was taking over the case in your absence.

This rep. told me he would hand over the case to you when you  returned, which you did today.

I never understood, why the case was handed over to the rep, just for him to hand it back to you?

Was it just to make sure, a week passed by, without any results?

Was it just because a new machine was not available for replacement of the faulty machine I bought?

Pls. indicate what the reasons for things taking time are.

Also pls. explain to me (and the forum) why all of you constantly/permanently tell me you want to help me, and nothing happens.

When nothing happens is it then because you actually don't want to help me, despite all your promises?

Pls. speak out , to me and the forum.

holle49

Former Administrator
Views: 1,838
Message 24 of 45

Re: Troubles with defective IdeaPad purchased during international travel.

Holle49,

Sorry for the confusion - let me explain it this way.   I got involved here, when one of our volunteer moderators (not an employee) AndyP, noted your situation and brought it to my attention.   Looking into your case, I found it to have some complications of time and availability of the replacement as I explained in my last post.

Knowing I was going to be out of the office for a week and unable to pursue getting a replacement unit sourced, I had a formal complaint opened and one of our exec reps, Michael began to work with you.   He is working on replacing the system for you and should continue to be your primary point of contact.  Because you have returned to your home country, there are some additional complexities in getting the unit shipped directly to you where you are now, and I will assist in that once the system arrives.  I believe Michael explained that I will handle the international shipping.  Sorry if this created the perception that your case was simply being passed about.

While I was out of the forum, Cleo looked after a number of open discussions including this one and has exchanged notes with Michael to ascertain status.

As it stands, Michael is working to arrange the replacement as quickly as possible and I will follow up with you via PM to confirm your shipping address and will provide you tracking information once I have the system and have it on the way to you.

Best regards,

Mark

holle49
Punch Card
Views: 1,664
Message 25 of 45

Re: Troubles with defective(almost DoA) IdeaPad purchased during international travel.

Hi Mark.

I have sent you a PM more than a week ago. Have had no answer, as of today.

May I pls. have your opinion.

No labels for return shipping arrived yet. Are you sure, you want it to NC and not to Texas? WHen do you expect labels to arrive? Michael told me he would send them 14 days ago!

Pls. advise.

What is the status of this case, at present.

holle49

Former Administrator
Views: 1,612
Message 26 of 45

Re: Troubles with defective(almost DoA) IdeaPad purchased during international travel.

Holle49,

Originally we thought we could source this model from our channel (business partners) within 2 days for the replacement, but we found an out of stock condition.  I'm told stock should be on hand on the 27th and we will do all possible to expedite getting the replacement to you.

Our present process will send return labels when the new unit ships, but I've asked that in this case we go ahead and send the labels since, from your perspective, nothing has happened other than you have been promised a number of things.

Your family does not have to send back the old unit in advance, even though now the labels will arrive sooner than the replacement.

Our returns center is in North Carolina, yes, so that would be the correct address.  The repair center for IdeaPads in the US is located in Texas.  These are two seperate facilities.

I hope that helps to clear up the confusion.

Best regards,

Mark

holle49
Punch Card
Views: 1,556
Message 27 of 45

Mark.

I wonder,  why Michael , the exec. rep, didn't inform me about things being different from what he told/promised me more than 14 days ago? He has my email address!

Btw: Many partners have this machine available, even the retailer, where I bought it!!

I understand that no confirmation is available on, when a new machine shall be available, therefore I should like to accept Lenovos offer of refunding me.

I simply don't believe anything told to me by any person from Lenovo, any longer.

So far all explanations have been far away from reality.

Offcourse I cannot force you to refund me, as you promised earlier, in case you changed your mind.

I have informed my family over there to return the old machine to where you want it, according to labels shipped to them, whenever these labels might arrive.?

holle49

worthly
Punch Card
Views: 1,514
Message 28 of 45

Friend, I feel for you.

I own a Lenovo Y430, and also had bad experiences before.

Me too, thought that Lenovo won't be anything bad because of IBM's techonolgy addition.

But I was proven wrong fast.

Sadly to say, I've to hang on to this laptop for another 2 years at least before I can change to another one.

One thing for sure though, this will be my first and last Lenovo laptop.

holle49
Punch Card
Views: 1,452
Message 29 of 45

Hello worthly.

Thank you so much for your kind comments on my case.

I too have been forced by Lenovo to look in other directions when new laptops are to be bought.

More than 4 weeks have passed since I contacted Lenovo first time, and nothing happened so far!

Still to this very day, I do not understand, how Lenovo can expect customers to accept their behavior???

I hope Lenovo will give me a refund as promised?

I can confirm:    Lenovo   is   not    IBM.           You and I will never be mistaken again!

Have a nice day.

holle49

holle49
Punch Card
Views: 1,374
Message 30 of 45

Re: Troubles with defective(Almost DoA) IdeaPad purchased during international travel.

Att. Mark.

Even if the new machine should be available as of today, I still would prefer to have a refund.

Please arrange a refund, as promised earlier in this process.

Faulty machine was returned yesterday, as return labels arrived last Saturday.

Pls.. give me an update.

holle49

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors