Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KoryDVan
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,249
Message 1 of 2

Adapter Not Supported

My new Y50 I ordered off newegg won't seem to charge. Right out of the box I did the initial windows setup with the power plugged in but after an hour or so it told me my battery was dying. The first thing I did was unplug and replug the power adapter and as soon as I plugged it in I got the "Adapter is not supported" error message. After the common sense solutions (check connections, move to another outlet, reboot, ect) I did a quick search and found a couple other people that suggested disable or uninstalling the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" and it didn't help. Nothing I can think to try seems to get the battery to charge while the computer is in use. If i close the lid or shutdown the compter it seems to charge.

It's the day before a national holiday so I won't be able to get in touch with any tech support by phone for a day and a half. Anyone have any ideas? I'm worried I'm going to have to ship my laptop back.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,134
Message 2 of 2

Re: Adapter Not Supported

hi KoryDVan,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Just to check, do you have these part numbers on the AC adapter label?

If you have a different P/N # then it's likely the cause of the "Adapter is not supported" and you may need to contact lenovo on how to go about getting a replacement AC adapter.

Support phone list

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors