Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcoIT1
Paper Tape
Views: 217
Message 1 of 3

Adapter not working - Lenovo Y50-70

Hi guys, as many have already posted, I'm having some serious troubles with the adapter of my laptop. Long story short, I've had mine for little over two years and the other week the original adapter (the one that came with the laptop itself) suddenly stopped working. Tried connecting it to multiple power sources to rule out a problem there, tried to leave it off for a bit and then switch it on etc, nothing work. So I'm like "Oh well, no big deal" I went to the store I bought it from and they had me try a compatible one but we soon realised it would not work since the computer apparently failed to recognise it; I then resorted to buy an official replacement through that very store (they ordered it from Lenovo's store itself). A week later, I got the new adapter, and for a couple of days it worked, then it started going on and off apparently at random (independently from what I was doing) and now it doesn't work at all. I've already tried pretty much all the solutions I could think of, including the static discharger I read about in this very forum and I find myself in a very bad spot indeed, since I'm preparing my PhD thesis and I absolutely need a working computer. Anyone has any possible solutions for the problem?
ranielo
Punch Card
Views: 175
Message 2 of 3

Re: Adapter not working - Lenovo Y50-70

Maybe the power jack on your laptop is faulty.
MarcoIT1
Paper Tape
Views: 171
Message 3 of 3

Re: Adapter not working - Lenovo Y50-70

I tought about it as well but I cannot explain why it randomly charges or not. I mean, if it was faulty, shouldn't it never charge at all?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors