Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ellmarto
Paper Tape
Views: 1,190
Message 1 of 5

Add extra functionality to the ALPS touchpad

Hi all,

I come from an ASUS laptop where it is basic functionality that you can edit and manage how your toucpad acts.

I am very happy with my new Z510 but am really missing this. Isn't there any options for adding these options for the ALPS touchpad? Scrybe and the like doesn't work on Lenovo touchpads :/

On my ASUS I had a lot of shortcuts through gestures on my touchpad. By clicking in the upper left corner the volume turned up, while clicking the lower left corner turned the volume down. In upper right corner it paused/played the current track (which apparently is completely missing as a shortcut on Lenovo keyboards) and tapping the lower right corner skipped to next track in iTunes. 

Additionally I had shortcuts like holding three fingers down on the touchpad opened up sticky notes and so on. 

I really REALLY really hope that someone has a solution to this as it would make Lenovo my best laptop so far. 

/Martin

ellmarto
Paper Tape
Views: 1,150
Message 2 of 5

Re: Add extra functionality to the ALPS touchpad

anyone?

neuffeneresel
What's DOS?
Views: 1,026
Message 3 of 5

Hi Martin,

I know what you mean. I've had an Acer laptop before i decided to get a new one by Lenovo.

Lenovo seemed to be an experienced and premium manufacturer.

I'm very dissappointed of this Touchpad-Driver, you can't even configure a field to do a middle-click, which I loved using in Firefox to open windows in a new tab.

All options are preset and you can only enable or disable them, no chance to indivualize!

I really do expect Lenovo to release an update for this driver or at least make a request to the developer of the touchpad-software. Adding some options for configuration can't be that hard if it's standard in low-price laptops!

A short reply - like "we're working on that topic" -  would also be nice.

Regards from Germany

neuffeneresel

bogdanel
What's DOS?
Views: 1,005
Message 4 of 5

In addition to not being able to middle click, which would be really nice in browsers, my touchpad also seems to be almost unresponsive with a slow two-finger scroll. If the scroll is fast enough, it works, but if I want to slowly scroll through a long web page, it only scrolls one line if I swipe my fingers from top to bottom. 

Let's put it this way: A drop of wine in a barrel of sewage makes sewage; a drop of sewage in a barrel of wine also makes sewage. My Z510 is a fine wine and the ALPS touchpad is the drop of sewage. 

Does anybody know a third-party driver we can use? ALPS only provides drivers to hardware manufacturers, so there's no way to get an updated driver from them. I know there are newer versions of the driver, as Acer and Dell have already released them, but I couldn't get them to work on my laptop. 

Lenovo, can we have a glass of wine? Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Bogdan

Highlighted
k30h04v93
Fanfold Paper
Views: 553
Message 5 of 5

Really well said... I bought a Z510 and i regret it because of the alps touchpad, its so bad, no support, driver software full of bugs and with poor functionality and so on, its a shame lenovo uses this touchpads, such a disappointment for me. I wish I had the one with synaptics.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors