cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bokosofy
Paper Tape
Views: 942
Message 1 of 10

After I uninstalled some of the bloatwares on my z51-70 some lenovo software issue appears

I uninstalled some of Lenovo preinstalled programs as -User Manuals, Lenovo Solution, Lenovo Photo Master..and since than every time I strt up my Z51-70 with preinstalled Windows 10 OS one window appears as to Run some program from Lenovo which I do not know who or what it is. Although my Lap speeded up on start up after uninstaling some of the bloatware I mentioned before, and the utility of Disc decrease below 99% more fast than before, this Lenovo program window that appears is still very annoying.

The picture is printscreen from that program:

Thank you very much.

Sincerely, Boris

Mod's Edit: Merged two discussions the OP started into one thread.

Highlighted
bokosofy
Paper Tape
Views: 978
Message 2 of 10

Lenovo Preinstalled programs malfunctioning on my Z51-70 with Windows 10.

Screenshot_1.png

This program appears on my Lenovo Z51-10 with windows 10 OS oreinstalled after I uninstalled fewof Lenovo preinstalled programs such ass Lenovo Photo Master, Lenovo user manual, Lenovo Solution...although my laptop speed increased in start up and in disc speed utility which decrease from 99% very sooner than before.

I will be very grateful if someone help with this issue.

Thank you very much.

Mod's Edit: Merged two discussions the OP started into one thread.

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 970
Message 3 of 10

Re: Lenovo Preinstalled programs malfunctioning on my Z51-70 with Windows 10.

2 sec with Google and you'd have your answer!!!

Its Lenovo Service Bridge !! Also you can check and edit startup items without removing them if you don't want them to load automatically.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

bokosofy
Paper Tape
Views: 962
Message 4 of 10

Is it ok to uninstall Lenovo Service bridge also and I am in dillema about Lenovo Settings?

Because as I concieved Lenovo Service Bridge is just for recognizing your device, but I can do that by entering my Serial..??

Because before I uninstalled that 4 programs from Lenovo the max utility of Disc was maybe several minutes longer.

Thank You Very Much Smiley Happy

Boris Filipovic

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 904
Message 5 of 10

Re: After I uninstalled some of the bloatwares on my z51-70 some lenovo software issue appears

LSB.EXE is the executable for the Lenovo Service Bridge, which is used by Lenovo’s support website to automatically detect your computer's serial number and model,  and loads as a Scheduled Task triggered to run on logon

To disable it, you should just be able to uninstall the Lenovo Service Bridge from Programs and Features, but if need be, you can also disable the scheduled task using Window's Task Scheduler program.

Right click on Start >> Computer Management >> Task Scheduler  >> Task Scheduler Library >  Lenovo 

Good Luck,

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 907
Message 6 of 10

Yes, it is safe to remove, or if you would rather not, you can just disable it via Task Scheduler, where it loads at logon.

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 887
Message 7 of 10

You can uninstall it and add it back later if you find you need it for other tools to work. No big deal.

Stopping programs from starting is the best approach since it does not get in the way of boot time. LSB does not quite fall into that slot. Its your call. I would not remove settings as it can be useful. Its a tool that you load if you want to change things. Drive space consumed is not bloat. That why bigger drives are now used. Trimming what is loaded each time is where you'd want to focus.

bokosofy
Paper Tape
Views: 820
Message 8 of 10

First to thank you as you were the only one to provide some assistance.

I am not so well versed and havent tangled with task scheduler never but I managed to uninstall few of lenovo programs and my boot time quickened quite a bit.

I left lenovo Settings and Lenovo Companion or Quick Optimizer. I am assured that its not big deal and that I can download them and install from Lenovo page whenever I want. So if you have any more advice or tip for me as a beginer pleas feel free to tell me, of course if you have some time and mood Smiley Happy

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 816
Message 9 of 10

You can remove companion unless you like those notifications. Optimizer can be handy and run when you want to use it. I use it only for UPDATE checking. Although it does not always update some subsystem such as video drivers or energy management.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 795
Message 10 of 10

In Windows 10 you can right click on Start, select Task Manager and from there hit the Startup tab to see what is loading at startup.    If you want to enable/disable a particular program from running, you can just right click on the application change its startup options, or even search online to find out more about the application.    If you find you want to use a disabled startup application, you can either load it from All Programs manually, or re-enable via Task manager and reboot.    

I prefer to just disable the applications I do not need all the time since they take little space on the large hard drives today, and if I should ever need them, they are still available without having to go hunt them down.

One of the things I would recommend you do is obtain a 16GB USB memory stick, and create a Windows 10 Recovery Drive, which provides recovery options that are indispensable should your system run into problems down the road.    You can usually pick a couple of those up for around $10.00 USD, and they are also great for backing up you important files too.

Good Luck,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors