Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Highlighted
Lao
Blue Screen Again

Another Y560 bites the (BIOS) dust

[ Edited ]

So, I'm joining the increasing crowd of BIOS update gone bad on the Ideapad Y560.

Made a reboot, tried to update it to 59, application wrote every 33 blocks, said Operation Completed, but then it frozed completely. Nothing worked on the laptop, mouse, keyboard, touchpad, nothing.

I then took off the battery, removed the A/C plug and the laptop went OFF. Well, it stayed that way. It's DEAD. Nothing seems to resurrect it. Nothing comes ON, not even the fan.

I began reading over the internet, I saw some advice here about removing and/or swaping the RAM modules, but it didn't work.

Now the "good" part: the laptop was bought at the end of August 2010 in the US, but now I'm located in Eastern Europe for a few months. The local rep of Lenovo service center said today that my laptop's warranty it's not covered outside US. Wow! It's like owning a desktop. From my point of view, every laptop, no matter what brand, should have international coverage of warranty. That's why it is a LAPTOP, to carry it around the world.

Is there any Lenovo oficial here that reads this? Can you help me on this MAJOR problem?

Thank you!

Lenovo Staff

Re: Another Y560 bites the (BIOS) dust

Hi Lao,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums.

You can check if your laptop is covered by the IWS (International Warranty) via link

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

X240 | 8GB RAM | 512GB Samsung SSD

SCSI Port
0 Kudos

Re: Another Y560 bites the (BIOS) dust

[ Edited ]

Your motherboard is fried/ dead and it need to be replaced..