Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ka17
Fanfold Paper
Views: 509
Message 1 of 2

Any compatible WLAN cards with Y570?

Hello,

Since my Lenovo Y570 doesn't have a WLAN card that is able to use Wireless Display, I wanted to replace the card with an Intel 6230 card for example. Has anyone yet tried to replace the WLAN card and can report his experience?

All I heard was that Lenovo has a Whitelist/Blacklist for WLAN cards.

Thx in advance

Former Administrator
Views: 436
Message 2 of 2

Re: Any compatible WLAN cards with Y570?

Ka17,

This is an old thread and I just found it burried on the Idea tablet board as we are doing a bit of reorganization here in the forum, so I moved it here to the correct board and thought I would also try to add a reply for benefit of others who may read this.

I would suggest going to our support.lenovo.com site, select drivers and downloads and the Y570 product and see the drivers available for Wifi.  Looks like several intel cards, a broadcom and atheros card as well.  Another source would be to check the hardware maintenance manual for the model in question.  Here is the link for the Y570.  Generally, the HMM will list the service parts for the different Wifi cards that could be used in the system.

You will likely need to source the Lenovo versions rather than OEM versions of the card.

Best regards,

Mark

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors