09-16-2016

TR

10 Signins

99 Page Views

• Views: 99
  • Message 1 of 5

Automatic repair and OKR doesn't work

2016-09-16, 10:16 AM

Hello. I have an ideapad z580. It was functioning pretty well until I travelled to China. It started freezing randomly, didnt restart for approx 10 min etc. And finally today it crashed after I restarted it. I can't reach windows, it says preparing automatic repair, and fails, giving a screen says "a required device isnt connected or cannot be accessed". And adds that I need to use recovery tools. I didn't get any cds because of OKR.

I restarted with the novo button. Selected recovery. 'Loading files' appeared, waited nearly 5 min and a blue screen with a sad face appeared.

So I can't reach windows, cant recover it, in another country with nothing but a smartphone and internet connection. I didnt install any softwares, updated my OS to windows 10 a month ago. If there is a solution Ill be glad because I need the pc and my documents in the following days.

Thank you for your help.

Solved! See the solution
Options

11568 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7031 Signins

740084 Page Views

• Views: 740084
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Automatic repair and OKR doesn't work

2016-09-16, 12:44 PM

Hi MrLeo , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

I think what most important here is the documents you need from the harddrive. 

If you perform an OKR , it would delete your data. 

What you can do is remove your harddrive (you can used this service training guide) and put it on an external harddrive enclosure then see if another computer reads it . Take the opportunity to back up your first .

Or try to boot using a live rescue image and access the other drive .

If the drive is still unreadable on an enclosure , then a data recovery center may be needed.

You can try other repair option later once you have your data secured.

Update us how things go.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

09-16-2016

TR

10 Signins

99 Page Views

• Views: 99
  • Message 3 of 5

2016-09-17, 7:40 AM

Hello spidey101, thanks for the warm welcome.

I gave up all of the files completely, I can get them again even though it is gonna be a little troublesome. I just want my pc back, functioning. So I have an another pc, using the links that you recommended trying to create a recovery disk, but unfortunately my usb is only 1 GB big and probably not gonna be enough. Is there any other way that I can use? I have LAN cables, can I use them to transfer data? UPDATE: I found a USB disc. Got the windows from recommended links, created windows 8.1 booth tool. Tried, it recognized and I clicked fix your problems part. Tried different selections none of them helped. Then I restarted, thinking about a total reboot, usb start stopped functioning. I even selected usb as the first boot from BIOS, now there is just a black screen. Im really desperate.

Options

11568 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7031 Signins

740084 Page Views

• Views: 740084
  • Message 4 of 5

2016-09-21, 16:26 PM

Hi MrLeo , 

Greetings . 

How is the system doing ?

With changes that you have tried in the BIOS , (CSM disabled , Boot mode to legacy , Secure boot disabled , exit tab optimized boot on others) see if the harddrive would be detected . 

Reload BIOS defaults F9 then F10  and try booting on the Windows 8.1 media created ISO and attempt repair if option is available else you can proceed in installation . Check on the steps and avoid option to format and just install on C:/ Windows drive keeping files intact. 

Update us how things go.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

1 Posts

10-25-2017

US

3 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 5 of 5

2017-11-18, 6:51 AM
Problem is, with the OKR partition "broken" and inaccessible, the machine is bricked, and the laptop out of warranty (conveniently). Kudos to the genius who thought it was a great idea to never have any media recover discs available for this system! Media Recovery Tool is a failure, as are all other attempts to get this POS back in the game.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete