02-06-2012 09:15 PM
After experiencing audio issues on this Y470, I posted another thread post asking for help. Driver updates were suggested. I flashed the BIOs. It froze at "Begin EC update, please waiting..." and never recovered.
The laptop will not boot up. It has no power.
I tried the following steps:
- remove battery and power cord
- usb flash drive with bios file named .fd, .bin, and .rom
- FN + B, power cord back in
- press power button
- let go of all buttons
- usb and power light come on
- usb drive light flashes and goes off
- fan stays running high RPM the whole time
It stayed this way for almost an hour at which point I just pulled the plug.
02-08-2012 03:40 AM