cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andreen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,307
Message 1 of 15

BSOD on Y510P driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (iastora.sys)

Hi

Got a new Y510P and everytime I open SpeedFan (when it scans my busses etc) I get a BSOD with the following msgs:

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (iastora.sys)

I've googled a bit and that is the driver for the Intel Rapid Rapid Storage Technology (RST). I've updated the software for RST but same problem.

The computer is working fine except this. (As far as I know)

Link for dumpfile: https://www.sendspace.com/file/p7tifh

Do I call Lenovo support with hardware error or is there any alternative?

Thanks

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,284
Message 2 of 15

Re: BSOD on Y510P driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (iastora.sys)

@Andreen wrote:

Hi

Got a new Y510P and everytime I open SpeedFan (when it scans my busses etc) I get a BSOD with the following msgs:

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (iastora.sys)

I've googled a bit and that is the driver for the Intel Rapid Rapid Storage Technology (RST). I've updated the software for RST but same problem.

The computer is working fine except this. (As far as I know)

Link for dumpfile: https://www.sendspace.com/file/p7tifh

Do I call Lenovo support with hardware error or is there any alternative?

Thanks

Try using Hardware Monitor instead. Speedfan may not be compatible with the OS.

Andreen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,274
Message 3 of 15

Speedfan worked just fine on my last computer, same model, same RST. Had to send it in and get a replacement after it crashed badly, hence this one.

HWMonitor works fine indeed but I want to use SpeedFan for some rainmeter stuff. Any ideas on what's going on?

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,270
Message 4 of 15

@Andreen wrote:

Speedfan worked just fine on my last computer, same model, same RST. Had to send it in and get a replacement after it crashed badly, hence this one.

HWMonitor works fine indeed but I want to use SpeedFan for some rainmeter stuff. Any ideas on what's going on?

No idea except that there must be something that causes the problem. Try checking the system files by running in command prompt with admin rights sfc /scannow.

Andreen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,263
Message 5 of 15

Well that worked.. for a bit.

Ran sfc, found some issues, ran speedfan and it worked.

Rebooted the comp, started speedfan, comp froze in a whitescreen, rebooted again, started speedfan and same old BSOD.

Something is indeed going on, wish I knew if it was hardware or software related.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,250
Message 6 of 15

@Andreen wrote:

Well that worked.. for a bit.

Ran sfc, found some issues, ran speedfan and it worked.

Rebooted the comp, started speedfan, comp froze in a whitescreen, rebooted again, started speedfan and same old BSOD.

Something is indeed going on, wish I knew if it was hardware or software related.

Try doing this under command prompt with admin rights Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. Note there should be a space between each / commad. This should do a complete repair of whatever system files are defective. You must be connected to the internet in doing this.

Andreen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,235
Message 7 of 15

Same issues after that I'm afraid

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,224
Message 8 of 15

@Andreen wrote:

Same issues after that I'm afraid

Did you exit and reboot afterwards?

Other than that I'm afraid that either you contact the programmer of Speedfan or you use other programs like the one earlier suggested.

Andreen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,211
Message 9 of 15

Yes, I did. Thanks for your effort! What worries me is that speedfan worked just fine on the other Y510P I had with the same software (well, drivervise atleast). Main reason for buying this was to have a new computer I didn't have to worry about breaking/beeing unstable with normal use, this will bother me. I might call support and see what they have to say.

One question, RST, is it doing much for disk performance? I'm not really concerned about saving battery or fail notification and I'm not using RAID. I might just remove it.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,198
Message 10 of 15

@Andreen wrote:

Yes, I did. Thanks for your effort! What worries me is that speedfan worked just fine on the other Y510P I had with the same software (well, drivervise atleast). Main reason for buying this was to have a new computer I didn't have to worry about breaking/beeing unstable with normal use, this will bother me. I might call support and see what they have to say.

One question, RST, is it doing much for disk performance? I'm not really concerned about saving battery or fail notification and I'm not using RAID. I might just remove it.

AFAIK IRST will make the OS faster. That's what I learned from Intel a looong time ago. But if you don't like it you can remove it. However, I'm not sure though if there are programs relying on it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors