09-11-2016 02:45 PM
A few days ago, my significant other accidentally knocked over a small cup of iced tea onto my laptop. I was quick to dry the device off, but the device turned off on its own (with the fan running for about 3-5 minutes while the screen was black). I then quickly took off the bottom shell and disconnected the battery. From that point on, I waited 2 days before trying to use the laptop again.
When I reinstalled the battery, the battery "light" keeps blinking (as opposed to its usual solid state or its graduate fade that it does when it is in rest mode). I've disconnected it and reconnected it several times, tried to plug it in and unplug it, etc. Still, the system will not turn back on.
Does this sound like a battery issue, or is this indicative of a bigger issue?
09-11-2016 05:24 PM - edited 09-11-2016 05:26 PM
That blinking light indicates that the battery has less than 5% charge, and if that light doesn't change when you plug it in to the charger, there is probally some sort of damage to your battery that prevents it from being charged. Or your battery is just broken. Or your whole computer's gone. It's not looking really good. The one glimmer of hope I'll give you is that the battery light it still working, so at least your computer isn't a certain paperweight.
I would just try a few things to pinpoint what is wrong with the computer in the first place. No promises that it'll work.
Best of luck.
Norwalk High School Tech Support Desk