Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aceman22
What's DOS?
Views: 333
Message 1 of 1

Battery Not Charging While Laptop is On

I have had a Y50-70 for about 2 years now.  Just in the past 2 weeks i started having issues with my loptop not charging at all when plugged in.  It finally stopped charging and when i investigated it i found that the connector for the charging jack was burned at the connector to the motherboard. 

I ordered a new one and had no issues installing it.  After waiting about an hour, because my battery was dead, i turned on my laptop to a partially charged battery.  Unfortunately the battery only charges when my laptop is off.  I have looked into this all over the internet and havent found any good answers. 

I have tried to toggled between power saving modes, some reprted that this helped, to no avail.  I then tried to see if the energy manager was the issue and it was not installed on my laptop.  While i was checking out the energy mode, i also uninstalled the battery drivers through device manager, the smart one not the basic driver, and updated all drivers and the bios, but that didnt help either.

Next i replaced the batter and hcraging cable, but still no help.  I now have another charging port cable on the way hoping that maybe the last one was bad.

While i was waiting for my cable, i thought i would reach out here and ask if anyone has had this issue and has a fix for it.  I looked through the batter thread and didnt see anything like mine. Can anyone help?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors