cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kunta_ravinder
Paper Tape
Views: 294
Message 1 of 4

Battery discharging(draining) surprisingly......

Hi ,

My Z500 battery discharging from 25% to 5% with in seconds....  when it reaches 25% drastically it is coming to 5% in seconds... please let me know the solution for this... I have resetted the battery gauge but it doesn't effect anything.... please help me.......

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 261
Message 2 of 4

Re: Battery discharging(draining) surprisingly......

hi kunta_ravinder,

The battery discharge rate is too high on that unit. Can you try to update the battery firmware below:

Ideapad Z400 or Z500 Battery Firmware

If you still get the same problem,  It's most likely that the battery is getting faulty and you will need to contact lenovo on how to go about replacing the battery.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 232
Message 3 of 4

Neokenchi,

Is this battery firmware update specific to the Z500 model or can it be used for any model in the Z500 series.

I encountered a problem the other day with my Z570.  Indicator showed 49%, plugged in and not charging.  When I disconnected the AC power the laptop immediately shut down as the battery was drained.  

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 216
Message 4 of 4

hi Majestic,

The battery firmware upgrade fix is for all Z500 models that are produced before 2013/05/06. It will fix the issue when the battery suddenly stops charging or suddenly drops the charge (i.e. you have enough charge on the battery but unplugging the AC adapter will cause system to power off immediately). Check this Battery Firmware Upgrade for Windows 8

If your model is a Z570, this is most likely a different case as this unit is not listed on the supported models for the battery firmware fix. If the battery doesn't hold the charge like the scenario above, you may need to replace the battery.

Best regards,

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors