Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FreedomBot9000
Punch Card
Views: 2,027
Message 11 of 66

Re: Battery drain when powered down Y410P

Good to know Paper Tape but hopefully I don't get into a weird situation because I'm a Canadian temporarily out of the country and couldn't resist buying this laptop.

I just got off the phone with lenovo just before writing this. Their call centre is backed up so I have to wait for a call within the next 48 hours. Something about weather. They asked for all the relevant information regarding my case and said they'd call when they can. If anyone is reading this within a few days of this being posted, expect delays if you're inquiring about your Lenovo product as well.

An adventure on Google revealed that this isn't an uncomon occurance with laptops as well but NO ONE POSTS THEIR SOLUTION. I refuse to be one of those people that show up on Google without a solution so here's hoping for a saisfying resolution to the problem. It could be "install Windows 7" or "install linux" but that's hardly satisfying.

darkwyvern55
Paper Tape
Views: 1,949
Message 12 of 66

Hello again,
I just wanted to ask if your replacement units have the same issue or not, could you update us on that?
Thank you

mies867
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,923
Message 13 of 66

Update

Started the RMA process on august 13. Laptop was received by them august 26. Status of laptop on their website is that it is currently waiting for parts. Calling today to see how long the parts will be as I need this laptop for first day back at college. Which started today haha. Might have to demand a replacement.

I didn't buy a laptop in July to not have access to it for 2 months.
Former Employee
Views: 1,898
Message 14 of 66

Hi mies867,

thanks for posting. I've sent you PM regarding some details I require. Could you PM me back.

Hope to hear back.

Regards
DrClawDaddy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,887
Message 15 of 66

Hoping to find an answer to this issue.  I just received my y410p this past week.  I charged it to full on Friday and then turned it off for the weekend.  When I tried to turn it on yesterday for class (4 days shut down) it was completely drained and would not turn on.

mies867
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,877
Message 16 of 66

Sorry to hear DrClawDaddy. If you are still within the 21 days of purchase I believe you can just call Lenovo and demand a brand new laptop instead of having to go through the RMA process. If its past the 21 days your out of luck and have to send it for repairs. Like mine, I didn't even receive the laptop to my door until 16 days after my order. And didn't notice the problem for another week. Good luck with your issue.

As for mine, I received an update from lenovo. They have repaired my laptop and have shipped it back. Will get it in a couple business days. So when I do get it I will do my own tests and post again and let you know if they fixed the issue or not. Hopefully they did and it has a brief description as to what the problem was.
mies867
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,852
Message 17 of 66

Hey DrClawDaddy,

What is your MFG date? It is below the battery on the back of the laptop.

Mine is 2013/07/12.

See if they are close or if it is an ongoing issue over a period of time.

DrClawDaddy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,840
Message 18 of 66

Mine was manufactured 8/16/2013. Since the initial issue I have noticed an average of 3% drop in battery every 12 hours when completely shut down. This is more reasonable than waking up to a dead laptop but I'm still not thrilled.
mies867
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,804
Message 19 of 66

So...I am pissed right off now. Got my computer back today and the service sheet from the RMA center says they replaced the battery.....even though it wasn't the battery to begin with and I wrote an extensive letter describing the issue. I tested the battery outside the laptop before I sent it in and it didn't lose a single percent of charge over 24 hours. This is BS really. Going to call later tonight and demand a replacement. I need this computer for school and cant afford the time lost to send it in again for a month. Ill let you guys know how it goes.

Former Employee
Views: 1,790
Message 20 of 66

Hi mies867,

Thanks for posting back. Sorry to hear that our service didn't get your issue solved within expectation. Just want to update you that I've informed the teams of your issue they currently investigating the issue. I was just wondering currently after therepairs, what pecentage ofbattery drains or other issue do you face with the machine.

Hope to hear back.

Regards

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors