Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lcdodge50
What's DOS?
Views: 845
Message 1 of 3

Battery not recognized, Ideapad Z710

My Lenovo ideapad Z710, after a year of use started telling me the battery was not the correct battery.  I thought the battery might have died.  I eventually bought a replacement battery.  The new battery gets the same message.  My wife has a different model but uses the same battery.  My OEM battery does not function in her machine but the new one does.  So it appears that my machine has a problem recognizing the proper battery.  Once I accept the message, the machine boots and runs fine plugged in.  The battery does not charge so I assume the machine is protecting itself from improper battery.  The new battery is a DR.BATTERY Notebook battery with a two year warranty.  When I was shopping for the battery, there were numerous suppliers and of course they all claimed to have only the highest quality that meets or exceeds the original battery specs.

Does anyone know a solution?  Could it be a software problem?  I had assumed it was a hardware problem.  The computer works fine as desktop machine, but with no battery it is pretty worthless as a portable. 

Saroleone
What's DOS?
Views: 354
Message 2 of 3

Re: Battery not recognized, Ideapad Z710

New battery went dead. Found 2 lion cells dead. I have replaced them with the same value. Then got the "no battery present " with the laptop switching on. Ordered a new battery laptop switches on without the power cord and the same problem. Any ideas. 

Saroleone
What's DOS?
Views: 350
Message 3 of 3

Re: Battery not recognized, Ideapad Z710

I have tried to close the new battery with a bit of force and presto came up with 90% and charging. So I wil have to investigate the repaired battery. The two halfs of the repaired battery don't close properly when refitted stopping some of the contacts to make properly I assume so I wil have to investigate the repaired battery.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors