Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eurofete
Paper Tape
Views: 2,271
Message 1 of 5

Black screen! Static noise!

My Lenovo Ideapad Z570 is being a pain in the butt. Can somebody help?

It kept freezing on me recently so I used OneKey Recovery on my desktop and everything seemed to run smoothly again on a clean slate.

2 weeks later, it suddenly froze again in the middle of a task and a static noise emitted from the hard drive. I forced shut down, turned it back on, and it asked me to start windows normally or try startup repair. Both options failed. I'd pick one, and just as Windows 7 would begin, a black screen would appear and you'd hear the static noise. Repeated attempts resulted in the same outcome.

I also tried pressing the tiny OneKey button next to the power button to activate recovery mode but couldn't get beyond a black screen with the words "Windows loading files" (or something) at the bottom. The noise makes me think it's a hard drive failure. 

I'm frustrated. I bought this laptop about 6 months ago, and it's already causing me all these issues. I can't find a recovery disc, either I lost it or it never came with one (a disc I made on my own doesn't work for some reason.) What do you think I should do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,257
Message 2 of 5

Re: Black screen! Static noise!

Please once try reconnecting the hard drive once. And you could please test another hdd to see if the mb has the problem or its a hdd problem.
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
eurofete
Paper Tape
Views: 2,245
Message 3 of 5

Reconnecting as in taking the hard drive out and putting it back in?

Unfortunately I don't have another HDD to test. 

I tried to boot Windows 7 in safe mode, but even that led me to a black screen and static noise (it almost sounds as though the hard drive was searching for something but couldn't find it)

Highlighted
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,236
Message 4 of 5

If you say "it almost sounds as though the hard drive was searching for something but couldn't find it", then it could be a system file corruption. What about the repair the computer mode, does it work properly? And does onekey recovery also work?
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
eurofete
Paper Tape
Views: 2,230
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for your reply. Wel, I try every option and just after it says "Windows is loading files", the process is interrupted by the black screen and harddrive noise.

Every time I turn on the laptop, I get the message "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software might be the cause." Repair, Safe Mode, OneKey, etc. just lead to the black screen sadly. Also tried hitting F2 and restored any changes to default, but that did not help either.

I feel like I am running out of options since none of the general steps to recovery work. I've had this laptop for only 5 months -- is it really useless now? I want to try every solution on my own before taking the last resort (sending it in for repair.)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors