Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kennyhun
Paper Tape
Views: 670
Message 1 of 9

Black screen while installing driver

Hi all,

I am having troubles installing drivers on my lenovo y560 notebook. When I install the driver, once the screen goes black then come back (normal). After that, it goes black again and it stays that way. Sometimes the mouse pointer is visible and I can move it but it's vey laggy. Sometimes it seems like the screen tries to load and I can see a grey part on the right side of the monitor refreshing in rows. I tried with different version of windows, different driver versions but it's the same. I can only use my notebook with default windows driver which is 1024x768. I have this pc about 3-4 years now and this happened just one day. I used it before for playing but one day it would not boot, after the windows logo it goes black screen again. Sometimes I can see that the process led is blinking and sometimes not. Maybe my GPU chip is ruined? Also, I am not connecting any HDMI external monitors to it.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 637
Message 2 of 9

Re: Black screen while installing driver

Hi Kennyhun,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issues with display in your Lenovo Y560 laptop.

Try to boot the system into BIOS and leave the system for a few minutes and check if there is display flickering or any issues related to display is found, also try to boot the system into safe mode with networking option and check for the issue.

Try to update the BIOS and check for the issue.

Click here for the BIOS update for windows 7.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Kennyhun
Paper Tape
Views: 627
Message 3 of 9

Tried with no luck unfortunately. Updated the bios also but the results are the same. Had to go in safe mode to remove the installed driver and restarted in normal mode with default screen.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 620
Message 4 of 9

Hi Kennyhun,

Thanks for the reply,

As you have mentioned that the issue still persists, please try to reinstall the operating system and check for the issue, please take a data backup before reinstalling.

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Kennyhun
Paper Tape
Views: 614
Message 5 of 9

Hi Ashwin,

I just reinstalled it and it is the same. I reinstalled windows about 20 times this week Smiley Happy.

Kennyhun
Paper Tape
Views: 602
Message 6 of 9

I think I knwo what is wrong. When I disconnect the AC adapter from the notebook it works fine, no problems (yet). But as soon as I connect it to the PC, it freezes. Maybe the adapter is broken?

Kennyhun
Paper Tape
Views: 586
Message 7 of 9

Ok, so I did a small research on my problem and the results are:

ATI driver is not installed only windows default video driver:

- Charger is pluged in, working fine.

- Cahrger disconnected, works fine.

ATI driver installed:

- Charger is pluged in, PC freezes after windows boot logo.

- Charger is unpluged, everything works fine.

I tried with different charger and it has the same results. Also if I start my pc without the charger and when I plug it in while in windows, the mouse gets slow instantly and in a few seconds the PC stops completely. So my issue is with the AC charger motherboard part or\and the video card chip. Any suggestions?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 548
Message 8 of 9

Hi Kennyhun,

As you have mentioned that the issue still persist after reinstalling the operating system, please uninstall the current driver and download the driver from the graphic card manufacturer website and check for the issue.

If still issue persist after the reinstallatation please visit the nearest service center for further details,

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Kennyhun
Paper Tape
Views: 528
Message 9 of 9

I visited a near notebook service, it appears my vga chip has b ró K én. Hopefuly they can fix it. So it is a hardware faliure, not software.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors