Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sapsm9
Fanfold Paper
Views: 641
Message 1 of 2

Blue Screen on Lenovo Z580 (Default Windows 7 Home Basic)at Startup And Restart

So  my Laptop is a Lenovo Z580.. Today it had low charge in the battery.. So I connected the charger but the cable connected to the power adapter was somehow loose.. So the laptop shut down because there was no battery.. But then when it was at the starting windows screen where 4 lights of windows 7 come together and form 4 rectangles(windows symbol).. Anyways it crashes only when the 2 lights appear.. And then tells to either start windows normally or to use STartup Repair... Anyways I have faced this problem quite a few times in the past.. At that time when this error came I went to startup repair then I selected system restore and then selected a restore point... And VOILA.. The problem was no more ....But this time when I went to system restore ... I saw there were no restore points.. I remember it quite well that before 3 or 4 days only I made a new restore point.,... Guys plz help me..

Moderator comment: Please do not duplicate threads within or across multiple forums. It splinters the discussion. Duplicates removed.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 584
Message 2 of 2

Re: Blue Screen on Lenovo Z580 (Default Windows 7 Home Basic)at Startup And Restart

hi sapsm9,

According to this pdf data sheet, the Lenovo Z580 that comes with a Windows 7 is a Home Premium edition. If this is what you mean, you can try to do a repair install (see this guide)

Alternatively, if you don't have important data on the machine, consider pressing the OneKey Recovery button to restore the unit from factory settings.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors