Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shelatdhwani
Fanfold Paper
Views: 677
Message 1 of 4

Blue screen During running. LENOVO IDEAPAD Y 460

Hi Lenovo Support Team,

I have LENOVO IDEAPAD Y 460,  MODEL NAME 0633 which I purchased from you on Sun, Dec 19, 2010. It has been nothing but a disappointment. It did not perform in the same way as it should since from the day one.

Issues / Problems

1. Blue Screen:  Every time the system is started / rebooted it gives blue screen, I have to restart the system for 4-5 times and then it works.

2. ATI Driver Issue: The ATI driver display behaves erratically which requires rebooting the system every now and then, this leads to sheer frustration. My other friends are using the same product and they never face this issue.

3. System Heats Up: The system gets smoking hot even if it runs for an hour; it becomes almost impossible to work on it. I have never seen such a problem in my life time.

Case ID / Complaints

1. Case # WN 321 067: This case was registered with Lenovo support team on Wed, Mar 9, 2011, wherein you guys asked me to ship the machine to you support center based in Grapevine, TX and the above problems will be fixed, the machine was shipped to your facilities on 19th March 2011. I got a confirmation email on Wed, Mar 23, 2011 that my system has been successfully repaired and is on its way back to me. However when I received my machine the problem still persisted (heating, blue screen), the only problem which was fixed was ATI Driver / Display rest nothing was fixed.

After struggling with it for another month, I raised another ticket.

1. Case # WN 332 534:  On April 16th 2011, I raised another ticket addressing the same issues, where I was promised that the problem is escalated to the highest designated authorities and I will receive a call from the concerned department with a solution, however till date I have not received any phone calls regarding this issue and I continue to struggle with this machine for which I have paid $747.93.

3. SF25015. Label to repair system ( email by a Customer Advocate): System has been sent one more time for repair. After waiting for more than 40 days, I received system in the same condition. Nothing has been resolved. System still shows blue screen in the middle of something.

Further to this, I am not at all willing to continue with this notebook and I demand a complete refund without any further delays. Kindly response to this message and guide me to get the refund.

Thanks,

Dhwani Shelat

Former Employee
Views: 646
Message 2 of 4

Re: Blue screen During running. LENOVO IDEAPAD Y 460

hey shelatdhwani,

could you pm to me the following detail :

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

(IdeaPad Series - http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/UserFiles/NB%20label(1).jpg , look at the Type xxxx-xxx)

S/N:
Date of Purchase:
Case Number : (if any)

Description of issue :

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
shelatdhwani
Fanfold Paper
Views: 629
Message 3 of 4

Name: Dhwani Shelat

Model name : 0633

MO:QB00120602

Date of Purchase: Sun, Dec 19, 2010

Case Number : (if any)

Case # WN 321 067

Case # WN 332 534

Description of issue :

1. Blue Screen:  Most of the time system started / rebooted, gives blue screen, I have to restart the system for 4-5 times and then it works.

2. ATI Driver Issue: The ATI driver display behaves erratically which requires rebooting the system every now and then, this leads to sheer frustration. My other friends are using the same product and they never face this issue.

3. System Heats Up: The system gets smoking hot even if it runs for an hour; it becomes almost impossible to work on it. I have never seen such a problem in my life time.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Dhwani Shelat

Moderator Note; s/n & personal information edited for member's own protection

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 617
Message 4 of 4

In order to send Serge1410 a private message you need to click on his member name to the left of his post, this will open up his profile page. On the right side under contact click on the link to "send this user a private message"

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors