cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meteorhead
Paper Tape
Views: 259
Message 1 of 5

Bluetooth headphones cracking when other BT devices are connected (Z50-75)

I have a Z50-75 notebook with the following driver installed for my BT reciever:

Képernyőfelvétel (3).png

When I have a Microsoft Designer Desktop and a Rapoo H6080 headset connected at the same time, the sound stream is cracking, which is annoying to say the least. How many BT connections can the Realtek reciever handle correctly? Or is interference the issue here? I'd imagine 2 input devices and a headset/headphone cannot produce that large a bandwidth (even with some packets colliding) to cause this much trouble.

Guru
Views: 228
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bluetooth headphones cracking when other BT devices are connected (Z50-75)

I am not sure that bluetooth connection can output to or be used by various devices at the same time.

Some bluetooth headphones have issues with chrome music playback as well, so that could be your issue too.

If chrome is not your issue, then I think the best thing is to buy the wireless KB/mouse that connect via USB dongles.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Meteorhead
Paper Tape
Views: 212
Message 3 of 5

I am quite sure it works with multiple outputs, because my Razer Orochi + Creative D200 work perfectly side-by-side (not to mention, that the Microsoft Bluetooth Desktop is also 2 completely independent devices).

Using USB dongles is really not an option, because the lack of USB ports was the reason I bought the keyboard+mouse pair in the first place. There is only 3 USB ports on the notebook and constantly occupying 2 of them was a drag, and it occured quite often, that while I was charging the phone, I had to connect an external HDD, or had to create a bootable USB stick from the external HDD containing the ISOs... hence the bluetooth connection. (Moreover, I find it ridiculous that wireless peripherials come with USB dongles when there is a perfectly capable wireless reciever already inside the system.)

Guru
Views: 208
Message 4 of 5

Well then as you are saying that multiple devices work together so its not those devices and neither its the laptop, its gotta be the headphones.

As for lack of ports, I have 2 USB port hubs. I have my keyboard, mouse, headphones, gaming controller, laptop cooler all connected to these and still have about 6 ports remaining for other needs.

As for the BT headphone problem, does that happen listening to music on chrome? I have seen that chrome/youtube can have issues sometime with my BT headphone so just saying.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Meteorhead
Paper Tape
Views: 201
Message 5 of 5

It might be the headphones, I am not sure, as I have not had the chance to try it with a different BT headphone, but will definately try next week. I was aware that I could use USB hubs, but I wanted to go the wireless way.

I am an Edge user, so it is not Chrome, neither Youtube. It is all sound that is coming from the OS, ranging from Groove Music through myTube (app) and Edge all the way to the "ping" sound when I change volume through the bottom-right control. Everything. On rare occasions it works as expected, but mostly when I have not touched the mouse or the keyboard in a while (I suspect they go to a sleep state).

I have no clue whom could I ask about how on Earth does Bluetooth work. It would either have to be a Lenovo Engineer, an Atheros Engineer, someone who develops drivers... someone who could tell how interference works and channels and what not.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors