Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlingkirk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,697
Message 11 of 27

Re: Bluetooth missing from IdeaPad Y450

yigit: How did you get this information?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 2,694
Message 12 of 27

Re: Bluetooth missing from IdeaPad Y450[edited]

checked lenovo shop, 41896mu ( your laptop ) supports bluetooth, too.

but still looking for more information on the web. ( for usage )

i've found an application ( used to run this ) named bluesoleil, and it says it supports blutooth edr 2.1.

can you download this application and try?

( don't forget to feddback us if it works )

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
laptopgeek
Paper Tape
Views: 2,660
Message 13 of 27

That's not true, my friend got exactly the same laptop, when he does Fn+F5, it shows both wireless and bluetooth enable/disable knobs. For me, it just shows wireless one.

Is it possible that some of my windows updates would have screwed the bluetooth thing?

I tried installing the latest bluetooth driver for my laptop from lenovo website, but it says, no hardware available.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 2,647
Message 14 of 27

some of them has bluetooth 2.1 + edr ( which is a newer version of bluetooth ) some of them not.

probably your friend has older version of it.

and i can say it is not windows update issue.

carlingkirk said : I called customer support and they said that the model is too new and to call back later.

laptopgeek
Paper Tape
Views: 2,621
Message 15 of 27

Tell me one thing Yigit, let's assume i don't have the latest drivers for Bluetooth EDR, but still I should be able to see the hardware in Device Manager!!! If it's not even there, that means it is not being detected and hence it's not present!

Is there a possibility that a hardware is present and not detected even!? I did do a scan for new hardware and ran the automatic hardware test utility from microsoft. Nothing helps, I am getting a feeling that the hardware is not present!

This is really serious, can someone senior from lenovo give me a call or reply to these messages. I want a resolution to the problem.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 2,581
Message 16 of 27

to be honest, i couldn't have a chance to review new serie bluetooth, so, i've already contacted lenovo for more information about it.

but you may need to install drivers first to detect the device ( like printers )

i thou, you all didn't have bluetooth on your laptop, but checked the lenovo shop for it

( says systems have bluetooth edr + 2.1 )

i'll inform you if lenovo support replies.

krishnau
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,556
Message 17 of 27

I have the same problem. From lenovo technical support it was confirmed that if you do not see bluetooth in Device Manager, you do not have bluetooth.  

laptopgeek
Paper Tape
Views: 2,491
Message 18 of 27

I went to the dealer to check my hardware, he reset the system to factory defaults and still the BT wasn't working. So it was clear that the BT hardware is not functioning. As I can see in the forum, couple of other folks seem to have the same problem, clearly it's a manufacturing defect in the product line. I must say, customer care number in India has some problem, they don't pickup phones for half an hour, why don't they scale if they have too many complaints!

Anyway, the process was to visit the customer centre, wait for a couple of days to declare the laptop DOA, involving a couple of trips. I thought, its a mere waste of time and for what, an INR 350/- Bluetooth USB dongle can solve the problem. So went ahead and bought Enter Nano BT USB Dongle. Had some issues with Vista drivers, got BlueSoleil SW for evaluation purpose and now I can transfer files from BT (for 30 days).

Hope this helps and gives some direction to folks having the same problem.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 2,461
Message 19 of 27

so, bluesoleil is working?

( by the way, still waiting for an answer from lenovo support line )

laptopgeek
Paper Tape
Views: 2,453
Message 20 of 27

Yes, it is working in Vista with the external USB BT dongle. I am able to transfer files to and fro. But the free version has a limit of 2MB file transfer. I think lenovo should buy me that licence for causing this trouble, it's only $30 to keep a happy customer :-)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors