Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,461
Message 21 of 27

Re: Bluetooth missing from IdeaPad Y450

so, you're using external usb, i thou it was internal.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
laptopgeek
Paper Tape
Views: 1,457
Message 22 of 27

Yes, it's an external BT dongle.

carlingkirk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,454
Message 23 of 27

... which is not an acceptable solution.

cliche37
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,430
Message 24 of 27

Only thing I can think of aside from doing an RMA would be to open up the laptop and see if a bluetooth module even exists inside the laptop. But that would most likely void your warranty.

EDIT: WAIT! Try going to Device Manager > View > Show Hidden Devices. Then try seeing if your bluetooth device is there. You may have already tried it, but it's all I can think of at the moment. x_X

carlingkirk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,422
Message 25 of 27

Yeah I tried showing hidden devices to no avail.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,399
Message 26 of 27

in device manager ( right click my computer > manage > device manager ), check that if there's any bluetooth adapter or unknown device first.

if you don't see both, i can say you don't have any bluetooth.

i haven't got any reply from lenovo ( except they'll respond asap ) but i'm thinking you may order your laptop with no bluetooth device in.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Sandiwa
Paper Tape
Views: 181
Message 27 of 27

Thank you sabthosh7386! Your tip on Fn + F5 worked! When I typed the keys, I saw the select command for enabling wifi and bluetooth. The moment I clicked enable bluetooth, then it started to install bluetooth drivers. At the last stage of the install, it downloaded a driver from Microsoft, which took a while, and after that it was done.
The next step was I went to Control Panel, Selected Devices and Printers, then right click on the window and added a device, before that, you need to enable the bluetooth device so that it can start pairing with you Lenovo Y450 Ideapad. You can keep on pressing refresh until it detects the bluetooth device. In my case, I was pairing a Logitech K380 Bluetooth Keyboard. Once the device manager detects the device, you can double click on the device and it will start pairing.

It was successful and as a matter of fact, I was able to type this reply using my new bluetooth keyboard! Awesome!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors