cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gianlazaro
Paper Tape
Views: 10,963
Message 1 of 5

Boot Manager [BOOTMGR] is missing. HELP!

I was trying to format my Ideapad Y530 to its factory default using the recovery button when It showed up a black screen then restarted, even though it the format was not done yet. After the Lenovo logo shows up, this message shows up, "BOOTMGR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart."

I tried some advices on some other forums by using Vista disc and repair using it but still doesn't work.

Here are some specifications:

LENOVO IDEAPAD Y530

3GB RAM, 200(+) HARD DRIVE

VISTA HOME PREMIUM SP1

That's just what I know. I need help, any?

Former Administrator
Views: 10,924
Message 2 of 5

Re: Boot Manager [BOOTMGR] is missing. HELP!

Gianlazaro,

Welcome to the forum! Smiley Happy

Can you tell us a bit more about what happened that led up to the situation you describe above?   Did you re-partition the drive and change the partition sizes?  If so, OKR may no longer work.   Or, did you just do a Format C: kind of thing?

Try this...

Make sure AC is attached, then...

1) Shut down the system

2) Power on the system by pressing the OKR button instead of the power button

3) Machine should start up into the OKR program

4) Choose the option to restore factory settings

Follow the on screen instructions.  Do not interrupt the process.

If it still fails, the system will need to be serviced at the depot to reload to factory condition.   I know you have a second issue with your serial number, so I'll respond on that thread as well.

Best regards,

Mark

gianlazaro
Paper Tape
Views: 10,909
Message 3 of 5

When I pressed the OKR, the Lenovo logo shows up then the same message again, "BOOTMGR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart."

I just pressed the OKR and chose the Factory Default. I didn't repartition anything. It just showed up a black screen while the laptop was restorin then restarted. That's just it. 

Retired Guru
Views: 10,805
Message 4 of 5

You need to change your hidden partition type to 0x12 - make it by Acronis Disk Director Suite or by Paragon Partition Editor (Paragon Drive Manager). After this NOVO should work fine.
//help will save the world
blogger533
What's DOS?
Views: 8,209
Message 5 of 5

Hello

I purchased a lenovo z460 and I was installing a freash copy of windows 7, by mistake i deleted the reserved partion what i must do now Smiley Sad. nothing is working now....i am getting a simple message "boot manager is missing".....please help me worried a lot.....

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors