Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josh751
Paper Tape
Views: 775
Message 1 of 12

Boot problem in Lenovo ideapad z500

I recently installed the latest updates from "Windows Update" and much to my surprise, after trying to restart my laptop, it wouldn't do so. I tried accesing to "One Key Recovery" by pressing the novo button on the left side but it does not work. After pressing either the power or the novo button, the screen just goes black. Doesn't load either the lenovo start screen nor the windows boot one. Has anybody ever had a similar problem or knows haw to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 752
Message 2 of 12

Re: Boot problem in Lenovo ideapad z500

@Josh751 wrote:

I recently installed the latest updates from "Windows Update" and much to my surprise, after trying to restart my laptop, it wouldn't do so. I tried accesing to "One Key Recovery" by pressing the novo button on the left side but it does not work. After pressing either the power or the novo button, the screen just goes black. Doesn't load either the lenovo start screen nor the windows boot one. Has anybody ever had a similar problem or knows haw to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Do you have AVG installed? There is recently a problem with AVG and one of the Update.

Josh751
Paper Tape
Views: 730
Message 3 of 12

I connected it to my tv and everything works correctly but integrated screen keeps black. Nvidia Or Intel gpu problem maybe? I really dont see how i can fix it myself
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 719
Message 4 of 12

Try reinstalling the Win 8 Intel driver. See if you can fix it. If not try restoring to a time before you made the update. If it is fixed do the update one or two at a time so that you will know which of the update files cause the problem.

Josh751
Paper Tape
Views: 689
Message 5 of 12

I did that. I installed an outdated intel driver which used to work when problems related to laptop screen but the problem persists. Same with restoring point. The only moment when the screen worked was when I uninstalled my antivirus....quite random... until i restarted my pc a couple of times. Do you think it is a problem of software or hardware?

Josh751
Paper Tape
Views: 688
Message 6 of 12

In my point of view it is some problem between the intel driver and the nvidia one but i'm just speculating...

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 680
Message 7 of 12

what antivrus program did you uninstall? That can be the cause of your problem.

Josh751
Paper Tape
Views: 675
Message 8 of 12

Eset Smar Security 7 but how can that be a problem with the screen? I installed avira after that and the problem has come back

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 671
Message 9 of 12

Try using temporarily the default antivirus program (Windows Defender). See if the problem is gone. If not revert the intel video driver to the Win 8 version.

Josh751
Paper Tape
Views: 666
Message 10 of 12

The current intel driver is the win 8 one. I know the 8.1 driver caused the dimming problem so i installed the one you are talking about. I will try with uninstalling the av again. What if I just export all the data i want to keep and reinstall windows? I think it is a booting problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors