Message 1 of 3

Bought a y500. Graphics card doesn't work

Well I bought a new y500 yesterday. The specs are

I7
8gb ram
Sli gfx card
500gb hdd
Win8

The issue is that there is something wrong with the graphics card. The screen just turns black for a few seconds then it says that graphic driver crashed but has recovered. Then after 2-3 crashes, it gives me a bsod.

So I reinstalled the driver from lenovo site and the issue still remains. When I try to upgrade the driver from nvidia site (tried 310.90, 314.21 and 314.22 the one that came out a week ago) the pc crashes while on installing driver then i have to restore the pc as it fails to boot. It sometimes gives the error watchdog_violataion nd sometimes tdr_video_failure or something like that.

And if i put in the 2nd gfx card, then window doesn't boot and it just says windows failed to start. If the 2nd card is inside, the restore also doesn't work and the only way to boot windows is to remove the second card and then restore.

I have already tried performing clean install of the drivers (even deleting registry nd using driver sweeper) but the issue remains.

Please note that it doesn't happen in games only. Sometimes when window boots, it just gives the errors on the start screen. I am using the 170w power supply so that is not an issue

Can someone help?
rollerdyke44
Blue Screen Again
Views: 539
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bought a y500. Graphics card doesn't work

Anyone???

I can't even use the laptop
Former Employee
Views: 469
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bought a y500. Graphics card doesn't work

Hi rollerdyke44,

thanks for posting. After reading your post I'd like to confirm with you does this happen when you're running on battery or connected to the AC?

Hope to hear back.

Regards

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors