Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenny99
Paper Tape
Views: 385
Message 1 of 2

Bought my first Lenovo -- Y50 SSD Question

Hello, I took the plunge and bought my first Lenovo.

I was really up in the air between buying the one with the HDD or the one with the SSD.

I opted for the one with the 512GB SSD (as I also bought an extended warranty and I didn't want it to be voided if I took out the old HDD).

I was going to buy one of those highly rated Samsung SSD's but as you can see I chose the Lenovo SSD.

I'm embarrased to ask but, I was simply wondering if Lenovo's brand of SSD is top quality, have you guys seen any major issues with them popping up?  

I did a google search and I can actually see them being sold on Amazon and other retailers but they have no reviews (perhaps I will be their first).  I also did a forum check and mostly what I see are people upgrading from HDD to SSD.

Thank you for your time!

Happy Holidays, Lenny

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 374
Message 2 of 2

Re: Bought my first Lenovo -- Y50 SSD Question

You can find out the brand of SSD being use in your unit. From it you can look for the specs and compare it with the Samsung brand. If you decide to replace the Lenovo installed ssd with the Samsung brand your problem is not with the ssd but with the migration of the OS, reinstallation of drivers, and mostly with the proprietary recovery program.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors