Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

12-11-2013

Cayman Islands

7 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 1 of 2

Brain Melt - keyboard double typing and more

2013-12-11, 2:25 AM
Hi All.

Sorry if I haven't been thorough in searching the forums - but as you will see below I am at my wwhits's endd.

Last week my 10,000 hour $350 Toshiba laptop screen died.

I wanted a Lenovo but found a great deal on an Acer and bought it instead.  After 6 hours of moving everything over - I end up having to do a sys restore upon Acer's direction to remedy the keyboard I was having (keys on the left end were double and triple tapping)

After this failed, I got disgusted, sent it back and found this wonderful Leenovo Z710

But wait.

1) I installed 8.1 and of course the wifi tanked so I had to sys restore (as per Lenovo) 8 and lose 6 more hours of wwork
2) Keyboard issue is occurring same as the other - spell check is fixing a lot of the errors in this post
3) After reverting to factory Win 8 setup - other computers and printer on my network (not homeegroup) will NOT remain visible and it's a complete crap shoot.

Not saying three isn't my router - but if it is - bad timing.

So here I am:

1) DON'T install 8.1 :-)
2) Any fixes / experience here?
3) If this is going to continue to bee an issue I will ssendd this machine back aand either find a win 7 machine or fix my old one.

Thanks in advance.  I have been down for a wweek tomorrow and ddesperate to geet my wwork caught up.
Options

5 Posts

12-11-2013

Cayman Islands

7 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Brain Melt - keyboard double typing and more

2013-12-11, 5:52 AM
more research is indicating that others (variety of brands and os ) have had the keyboard issue on multiple new machines (ie they returned one or more) so surely it is a bios or driver issue?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms