Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Susiei
Paper Tape
Views: 253
Message 1 of 8

Brand new Y70 won't boot up - please help

I took delivery of a brand new Lenovo Y70 yesterday but I'm having problems booting up. I've read a few posts relating to similar - but not identical - issues and I've tried several fixes, but none seem to help. With the power cable plugged in and the battery light on, when I press the power switch, the power light and keyboard lights come on, but only for about 8 seconds. The power and keyboard lights then turn off for about 4 seconds and the process repeats itself over and over again. I can hear the HD spinning during the process. I've tried various combinations of unplugging the power and pressing the power key for various periods of time per suggestions on this forum but no avail. Can anyone help?
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 244
Message 2 of 8

Re: Brand new Y70 won't boot up - please help

@Susiei wrote:
I took delivery of a brand new Lenovo Y70 yesterday but I'm having problems booting up. I've read a few posts relating to similar - but not identical - issues and I've tried several fixes, but none seem to help. With the power cable plugged in and the battery light on, when I press the power switch, the power light and keyboard lights come on, but only for about 8 seconds. The power and keyboard lights then turn off for about 4 seconds and the process repeats itself over and over again. I can hear the HD spinning during the process. I've tried various combinations of unplugging the power and pressing the power key for various periods of time per suggestions on this forum but no avail. Can anyone help?

Did you leave the ac plugged in without using the unit for one to two hours?

Susiei
Paper Tape
Views: 243
Message 3 of 8

I tried turning it on once then left it charging for several hours then tried turning it on again.
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 240
Message 4 of 8

@Susiei wrote:
I tried turning it on once then left it charging for several hours then tried turning it on again.

Try pressing some of the function keys that control the brightness and backlight.

Susiei
Paper Tape
Views: 232
Message 5 of 8

Thanks. Unfortunately nothing happened when I tried that. Something else I've noticed is that when the power light and keyboard lights come on (which is every 12 seconds or so), the HDD light flashes briefly.
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 217
Message 6 of 8

@Susiei wrote:
Thanks. Unfortunately nothing happened when I tried that. Something else I've noticed is that when the power light and keyboard lights come on (which is every 12 seconds or so), the HDD light flashes briefly.

Does this unit comes with a pre-installed OS? If yes, try to power down the unit. Locate the NOVO button and press it. See if you can see something onscreen.

Susiei
Paper Tape
Views: 215
Message 7 of 8

Thanks for your help. Yes, it comes pre installed with Windows 8.1. If I press the NOVO button the same thing happens as when I press the power switch, i.e. power light, power switch light, keyboard lights and battery light stay on for 8 seconds and HDD light flashes briefly. Then all the lights go off for about 4 seconds then back on again for 8 seconds etc. Nothing appears on the screen.
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 195
Message 8 of 8

@Susiei wrote:
Thanks for your help. Yes, it comes pre installed with Windows 8.1. If I press the NOVO button the same thing happens as when I press the power switch, i.e. power light, power switch light, keyboard lights and battery light stay on for 8 seconds and HDD light flashes briefly. Then all the lights go off for about 4 seconds then back on again for 8 seconds etc. Nothing appears on the screen.

Since this is a new unit it would not be advisable to open it. So just give Lenovo a call for a possible replacement.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors