Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lugaroo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,335
Message 1 of 5

Brightness Issue

Ok... I have spent the last few days trying everything to fix this issue.

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad P500.  The issue I am having is that my brightness settings are stuck on dim.  The buttons on the keyboard work and the little icon that shows the brightness level shows up and changes when you press the keys as well as in the settings under the power options I can change those settings and they reflect what the slider shows.  I have tried enabling the adaptive brightness settings and disabling them inside of the power options but nothing seems to work.

Is there a driver issue or this a hardware issue or is there some setting or tweak that I am missing...  The problem persists whether Lenovo power management is installed or not....  The computer is usable but it a hassle having to look for shade just so i can see my monitor in the daylight...

I have tried numerous times to download and install new drivers for everything video related and even tried the suggestion I have seen in mutliple instances to roll back the driver on the video card but still nothing works...

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,301
Message 2 of 5

Re: Brightness Issue

Hi
Please update the intel hd graphics driver from the lenovo site, should fix the problem. Link
http://support.lenovo.com/en_IN/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS032589
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Lugaroo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,294
Message 3 of 5

been there and done that at least a half a dozen times...

Keeps giving me an error saying my computer does not meet the minimum requirements or it goes through and nothing changes depending on which driver I download and install but the one that is supposed to fix this doesn't meet the minimum requirements for some reason....

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,280
Message 4 of 5

Hi
If you have a drivers folder in the d drive of your laptop, could you use the driver from their?
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Lugaroo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,272
Message 5 of 5

The Drivers in the D:\Drivers folder are the drivers that were placed there when I downloaded and tried to install the drivers from the Lenovo Drivers website.  They give me the same error saying that my computer does not meet the minimum requirements to install.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors