Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mickogm
Paper Tape
Views: 640
Message 1 of 4

Brightness not responding good

Good day,

the problem Im facing with ideapad z400 is,when I pressed the brightness control (up or down), it will respond ones/ twice then stuck.. Already re-install the windows update the drivers. I'm looking for bios firmware,but it's not website.

Thank you...

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 619
Message 2 of 4

Re: Brightness not responding good

hi mickogm,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

If you're using Windows 8, can you download and install the file below and try to press F11/F12 to adjust the brightness.

Lenovo Energy Management
em8.08.0.2.4.exe
45.4MB

Let me know your findings

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

mickogm
Paper Tape
Views: 603
Message 3 of 4

good day,

i  found the problem...it's the intel HD 4000 graphics driver,if you updated it ,the brightness control start to messed up....it's only work with outdated driver.(originally installed when i bought the laptop.) i downloaded the driver from lenovo chinese site.

thank you..

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 584
Message 4 of 4

mickogm,

Good find. If you have the time, maybe you can try updating the Intel HD drivers again then uninstall the energy management and reinstall it and see if it works fine then?

Thanks.

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors