Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calmwind
What's DOS?
Views: 253
Message 1 of 3

Broken Display Y50

I just bought a y50 about a month ago, and over the past week, the display was acting funny. First, the backlight turned off and I had to move it open and closed to get it to work, then it switched to random resolutions, then lines started appearing and now it it black. I haven't done anything like dropping it.

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 234
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broken Display Y50

Hi Calmwind,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with display broken in your Lenovo Y50 laptop.

As you have mentioned that the resolutions are not fine and lines are appearing on screen, try to connect the external monitor and check for the issue, also try to update the driver and check for the issue.

Click here for the display driver for windows 7,8,8.1

If still the issue persists then it might be issue with the LCD hence please visit the nearest service center for further details.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

calmwind
What's DOS?
Views: 208
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broken Display Y50

It's fine, I've sent it into a repair centre.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors