Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Victordestiny
What's DOS?
Views: 468
Message 1 of 4

Broken screen on Lenovo Z580

Hi everyone,

Last 2 weeks my daughter dropped my Lenovo Z580 and the screen smashed. All I can see is black like beed and white. I bought a screen from http://www.laptopscreenonline.com/lenovo-z580-laptop-replacement-screen-21208-p.asp and it just arrived. The problem is finding the safest and easiest way to dismantle and install the screen.

Any help will be appreciated.

Many thanjs Smiley Happy

Victor.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 441
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broken screen on Lenovo Z580

Hi Victorydestiny,                           

Welcome to the Lenovo Community.

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with LCD damage of Z580.

As you have mentioned to replace please refer to below link to dissemble and replace the LCD.

Click here for the manual and please refer to the page number 61-64.

Hope this helps! Do post us back for further queries.                 

Best regards,                       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Victordestiny
What's DOS?
Views: 421
Message 3 of 4

Wow Ashwin,

That PDF is quite informative. However, It is showing that I have to dismatle the whole laptop to get to the screen. Is there an easier way to replace the screen than that?

I am looking at doing this myself and I am confident that I can, but if I have to go to the length of removing every bit and pieces to get to the LCD panel, I think I may end up spoiling something.

Do you know of an easier way or a detailed video instruction I can use?

Thanks a lot.

Garrell
Punch Card
Views: 383
Message 4 of 4

I had this problem on that laptop. I dismantled the whole laptop (almost) and then came to a screw that would just not shift.

Looking around the net I found, it is actually a lot easier to replace the screen by getting a flat head screwdriver to pop the bezel on the monitor section. 

I did do a little bit of cosmetic damage though when I did it, so that's worth considering. 

But basically start at the top, get the screwdriver in between where the interior monitor panel connects to the outside laptop case and just gently wedge the screwdriver until you're inside it and then pop it out. Then just go around the whole monitor area doing the same thing. Then it's just a case of removing the screws holding the monitor to the panel and then connecting the new monitor up the way you find the old monitor, though be wary of damaging cables when you're removing the bezel.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors