cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merriam
Paper Tape
Views: 856
Message 1 of 4

Build-in camera on Y450 does not work after reinstall system.

I reinstalled vista 64bit system and installed 09-03-01 Lenovo Easy Camera driver from support website. I saw driver is working from device manager but my chatting software (MSN live messenger and ICQ) cannot connect to the camera. Error log shows "cannot connect to this webcam". However, Lenovo Easy Camera does show up in messenger's camera list. Tried Fn+Esc a couple of times and this didn't help. I saw blue camera icon on right bottom of screen and also camera light was turned on and immediately off. Build-in microphone works though...

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Retired Guru
Views: 834
Message 2 of 4

Re: Build-in camera on Y450 does not work after reinstall system.

Sometimes camera is not properly initialized by some software,

Try entering settings in your programs (Skype for example) where cam should be shown and while being there double-press Fn+Esc to re-initialize camera.

//help will save the world
merriam
Paper Tape
Views: 828
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for reply. I installed skype and it shows unknow error in video settings. I saw Lenovo EasyCamera was detected though... Tried Fn+Esc many times while Skype is running but it keeps showing unknown error.

Retired Guru
Views: 824
Message 4 of 4

Try checking if skype is the only application that triest to get access to camera and that none of programs use it at same time - easy capture, msn, or any other including Windows Explorer.

//help will save the world

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors