Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cruzianboy
What's DOS?
Views: 1,331
Message 1 of 4

C Drive and D Drive

I just bought a new idea pad y510 and i got 30 gigs of memory and in like a week im pretty much filled up, i was wonderin if i could start saving things to my d drive or is that just a recovery drive?

Retired Guru
Views: 1,307
Message 2 of 4

Re: C Drive and D Drive

D-drive is specially desighned to hold your data, because in case of NOVA recovery all on C will be lost. Read pinned threads at the beggining of Ideapad section of forum.
//help will save the world
log63
What's DOS?
Views: 1,263
Message 3 of 4

@skripatch wrote:
D-drive is specially desighned to hold your data, because in case of NOVA recovery all on C will be lost. Read pinned threads at the beggining of Ideapad section of forum.

How do you get things like downloads and stuff to automaticaly save there? And how do you safely move things like the "my documents" folder to the D: drive?

--LoBloKi
Retired Guru
Views: 1,246
Message 4 of 4

log63, it's simple.

Every program that has an ability of file downloading (either browser or download manager) has this parameter - "download folder" in Preferences or Settings.

Also in context menu of "Documents" there's a "location" tab. The only tip in this is to create a folder that will hold data beforehand - Vista has a bug of case if that folder is created from the "location change" context menu.

//help will save the world

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors