Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeadlyRed
Not applicable
Views: 1,522
Message 1 of 4

CPU Upgrade

Okay so this is pretty much the exact same as the last cpu post, but I just want to be sure. Ive got a Y510 with a 1.66ghz dual core, and with some of the modeling/engineering work I do on this it's a little slow. It was said that the T9300 installed with no problems, and just to be sure I was wondering if the T8300 will work just as well. All replies are greatly appreciated seeing as how I dont want to blow 250 bucks on a cpu that won't work!

skripatch
Not applicable
Views: 1,497
Message 2 of 4

Re: CPU Upgrade

Sure. Since they're IP models with 8300 inside , there's no doubt this one will fit your laptop well.

Also experiment of member with 9300 completely made me sure that also 45-nm techprocess CPUs are accepteble by IP.

//help will save the world
DeadlyRed
Not applicable
Views: 1,494
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the quick and concise reply! Clicking  order on the cpu right about......now! If I run into anymore problems Ill be sure to check here. Looked through most of the old posts and you guys really seem to know your stuff.

Ah, and as a side note Im also upgrading my ram. I use this computer mainly for internet and email and the normal things, not much of a pc gamer. However I also use SolidWorks for 3D modeling and some engineering stress testing, and this laptop with only a 1.6ghz DC outperforms my desktop. Im very happy with this laptop, and hopefully these upgrades make it even better.

skripatch
Not applicable
Views: 1,491
Message 4 of 4

Great to know you're pleased with the system Robot Happy

Do not hesitate to post here if you have any kind of questions/troubles using it.

//help will save the world

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors