cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rusty9074
Paper Tape
Views: 289
Message 1 of 4

CURSOR BLINK RATE RESETS EVERY DAY - HOW DO I GET IT TO KEEP ITS SETTINGS PERMANENT

Hi,

I have a Lenovo Y70, and every day I go to work on it, the cursor blink has reset to the slowest settings...so every day (often more than once a day) I have to go to the control panel, select "change cursor blink rate" and hit OK to the settings (note: the settings always show they are selected to correct position, but I have to hit OK to initiate them again).

As mentioned above, I have to usually do this multiple times a day. I have thoroughly tested the computer for viruses, and it appears clean. This has been very annoying and I was hoping someone in the community knows of a way to resolve this issue. Please let me know if you have an answer.

Thanks,
Nate

rusty9074
Paper Tape
Views: 257
Message 2 of 4

Re: CURSOR BLINK RATE RESETS EVERY DAY - HOW DO I GET IT TO KEEP ITS SETTINGS PERMANENT

Update:

I believe my cursor blink rate is resetting after each time the computer has gone into standby mode. Please help if you have ideas how to resolve this. Thanks.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 253
Message 3 of 4

Re: CURSOR BLINK RATE RESETS EVERY DAY - HOW DO I GET IT TO KEEP ITS SETTINGS PERMANENT

Are you referring to the blink rate in Keyboard Settings?

2016-07-19 (1).png

Check Lenovo Settings, and see if the cursor blink rate has an option in there. It sounds like something is overwriting the system values.

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
rusty9074
Paper Tape
Views: 233
Message 4 of 4

@XBrav wrote:

Are you referring to the blink rate in Keyboard Settings?

2016-07-19 (1).png

Check Lenovo Settings, and see if the cursor blink rate has an option in there. It sounds like something is overwriting the system values.

Yes, this is exactly the settings I am referring to that I am having to reset every time my computer has gone into sleep mode.

Pardon my lack of knowledge, but how do I check my Lenovo settings to see if they are overwriting these settings?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors