Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jetterz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,892
Message 1 of 5

Camera beeping incessantly on skype?

Hi everyone,

I have a Lenovo Ideapad Z500, and have been skyping with my partner. He hears a constant, loud beeping noise every time I turn the in-bult camera on. Looking on other forums, the suggestion is to either find a "filter noise" option on the camera options (which I have not found so far for the easycam) or to turn the microphone settings to almost nil. Turning it TO nil gets rid of the beeping, but also of me chatting to my partner. Anything other than nil means he can still hear the beeping.

I don't hear anything from my end, but apparently it is incessant and was loud enough for his housemate to ask what the noise was, as it was disturbing their work.

Firstly, has anyone else had this problem, and secondly...how the hell do you fix it?! I'm currently using an old USB camera instead that doesn't cause the same issues, but when I have a laptop with built in camera, its a shame to be resorting to that old thing.

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,869
Message 2 of 5

Re: Camera beeping incessantly on skype?

Hi
Could you try reinstalling the camera and sound driver from the d drive(if you have them) or download from the support site.
http://support.lenovo.com/en_IN/downloads/detail.page?&DocID=DS032587
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Jetterz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,842
Message 3 of 5

Have done so, but the problem persists. :/

Adrianm45
What's DOS?
Views: 1,784
Message 4 of 5

I've got the same exact problem with the noise when using skype. It happens when you turn camera on then the high pitch noise starts to annoy my friend but it stops when I'm using external cam or turn Lenovo cam off.

Highlighted
Dregaz
What's DOS?
Views: 1,638
Message 5 of 5

I found that i have the same problem. When i'm using skype with webcam on, its annoyingly beeping for the other person, but when i shut it down, the problem ends, but i don't want to use another camera. Do someone have solution for this? Btw. i'm using windows 7 64bit

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors