cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thn10606
Punch Card
Views: 308
Message 1 of 9

Can't get computer to sleep plus a few other issues.

After looking in various power/battery settings, I can't find a way to get my computer to sleep. I want it to fall asleep when I close the lid, and after a certain amount of time after the display turns off.
Issue is, in the "Choose what closing the lid does" settings, there's no option to set it to sleep. Only do nothing, hibernate, or shut down. Editing the power plan settings doesn't seem to allow it either, even though it should look like this:
http://i.imgur.com/LTOnPVu.png
I also cannot actually get the display to turn off. The display is set to turn off after 10 minutes, but when that time comes, it doesn't turn off, the screen just turns back. I can tell because the screen is still back lit.
Lastly, I cannot change the screen brightness. Pressing Fn + left/right arrow will change volume settings, but pressing Fn + up/down arrow no longer changes screen brightness like it's supposed to.
Does anyone know what I can do to fix these issues?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 302
Message 2 of 9

Re: Can't get computer to sleep plus a few other issues.

Good day and welcome to the community.

Please provide more information about your system (model, OS, recent updates, etc), otherwise it will be difficult for the community to assist you. We will also be able to confirm that your post is in the proper forum.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

thn10606
Punch Card
Views: 293
Message 3 of 9

Hello,

I have a Y500, Windows 10, and my laptop has the latest update.

Also, my computer's disk rate was running at 100% according to task manager for several days until a few hours ago, where I found a solution. It has since been running normally (for now). I don't know if that has anything to do with these issues but there it is.

thn10606
Punch Card
Views: 273
Message 4 of 9

And just as I predicted, the 100% disk usage solution didn't last very long. This issue and the one I posted in the OP are probably not related, but they're still things I need to fix.

Anyone have a solution?

thn10606
Punch Card
Views: 257
Message 5 of 9

Bump
thn10606
Punch Card
Views: 242
Message 6 of 9

Nobody knows? Nobody knows why I suddenly can't allow my laptop to sleep?

kamalnath
Token Ring
Views: 233
Message 7 of 9

Hi there,

Its basically a power management/driver issue..

Install these one by one & let me know if it works for you..

1.ACPI driver : here..IMPORTANT

2.Intel GFX driver : here..IMPORTANT

3.Nvidia GFX driver : here..OPTIONAL

4.Latest BIOS : here If installed no need..

Those first two are responsible for that issue so install them..

Cheers

Kamal

Dont forget to click KUDOS button(right down this sentence)if i have helped you....Ask any questions or Doubts,iam always ready to help.... Smiley Happy
thn10606
Punch Card
Views: 218
Message 8 of 9

Thank you for your reply Kamalnath. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

When I try to install the first file, nothing happens. The computer asks if I want changes to be made, I click yes, the screen flashes, and then nothing happens. For the 2nd one, everything goes like it should until I try to install it. It preps all the files and whatnot, but when I click on finish installation, an error message pops up saying I don't have the minimum requirements to install the software... I have Windows 10 and a Y500, just like it lists in the supported systems.

I've tried to right click and run as administrator, but it still doesn't work. Restarting doesn't work. No idea what to do now.

Edit: So while I couldn't get the 1st and 2nd files to install, the 3rd file installed fine and the issues I've had are gone now! I can properly set it to sleep and change the brightness settings. The display also turns off instead of just being a black screen again. Thanks!

kamalnath
Token Ring
Views: 202
Message 9 of 9

Hello there

Yeah the first one is just an silent install thats why it doesnt show you any progress & its fine its the ACPI driver(Advanced Configuration & Power Management Interface,this fixed your issue probably)..... About the second one i have no idea ,it should have installed with no issue... In this case there might be some other problems underlying which are many a simple uninstall & reinsatll will fix any driver issue...

Thanks

kamal

Dont forget to click KUDOS button(right down this sentence)if i have helped you....Ask any questions or Doubts,iam always ready to help.... Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors