Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nowciu
Paper Tape
Views: 6,887
Message 1 of 8

Can't install Dolby Advanced or Home Theater Y50 W8.1

Hi. I can't install Dolby Home Theater becouse error "pcee needs to be installed".  I installed PCEE from web but still doesn't work.  Any ideas? y50-70 windows 8.1 , drivers from lenovo website.

Guru
Views: 6,863
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't install Dolby Advanced or Home Theater Y50 W8.1

There are no DOLBY drivers available for your laptop from Lenovo, where are you installing them from?

DOLBY Home theatre is only compatible if the laptops support it, like an OEM. Not sure about Y50, you should call Lenovo Technical support in your country.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
nowciu
Paper Tape
Views: 6,858
Message 3 of 8

Y50 have a dolby digital support, dolby drivers are included in audio drivers available on lenovo website for this model (  y50-70 w8.1. ) but i can't install it.

Guru
Views: 6,855
Message 4 of 8

So, these drivers were not originally installed on your system, when you bought it?

I found this solution on another forum -

1. Used the setup program itself to remove the drivers that video instructed to manually uninstall from Device Manager.

(You should manually uninstall any drivers already installed from Programs & Features. I believe all Realtek drivers also need to be uninstalled)

2 Computer must be restart at this point, even if doesn't tell you to.

3. Restarted setup program, it then installed the drivers again, and added back in the Dolby Surround Sound Program that was missing after 2 restarts initiated by the program, each time the program coming back up after the restart to finish extra stuff. (I think before I mistakenly cancelled out of it when it restarted thinking it was accidentally started.)

Try this. Seems like a clean install works (if the drivers are from Lenovo)

If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
nowciu
Paper Tape
Views: 6,825
Message 5 of 8

Thanks, after 2 restarts now i have working Dolby Home Theater PLUS and now i can install Advanced Audio and Home Theater but versions without PLUS doesn't working... All Dolby versions are included in drivers from lenovo website also i tried to install drivers from CD (older but for w8.1) and i have the same problem... 

Guru
Views: 6,791
Message 6 of 8

Sorry bro, that was all the information that i could find.

I hope your problem was solved to your satisfaction.

stevevaiamd
What's DOS?
Views: 3,529
Message 7 of 8

Hello, I having a problem with installing Dolby Home Theater v4. When I downloaded the new realtek hd audio driver from lenovo for a my computer, I discovered that dolby home theater and dolby advanced audio drivers were installed in the driver folder located in my C drive. My problem is when I install the dolby home theater v4, I get an error that says "DHT cannot be installed". Why am I getting this error, and how can I solve this problem? If I install Dolby Advanced Audio first and try to install Dolby Home Theater v4 next, then I get a different error "There is another pcee product installed already. Please uninstall it before installing this product. setup will exit". The computer is a lenovo h50-55. My processor is an AMD A10 7800. My sound card is Realtek HD Audio driver version 6.0.1. 7586. The sound card supports 5.1 surround and I have analogue z506 logicteck analogue speakers connected to my computer by using the green, yellow, and black wires. So is there anyway Dolby Home theater can be installed on my computer? Should I buy a different sound card? If so, which one? I 'd really like to have these features installed on my PC. Thanks!

Jebcovet
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,438
Message 8 of 8

As I understand it, v4 is for Win7 and below. DAA is for Win 8 and above.
Ideapad Z585 A10-4600m, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 memory, 960GB ADATA SP550 SSD, TS -LB23L DVDWBD with LightScribe, Win7 64bit

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors