Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashis
What's DOS?
Views: 1,850
Message 1 of 3

Cannot Shrink the Volume of C Drive beyond 449 GB in Ideapad z580

Hi ,

I am using Ideapad z580 with 1 tb hard disk space. I partitioned the C drive using Data management - Shrink Volume.

Total Shrink Volume was displayed as 432 gb. And later I partitioned the 432 volume into 3 partitions of 144 gb each (432/3 = 144). But the size in C drive after partition is displayed as 449 gb which is Non-Shrinkable.

Can you please let me know why I cannot partition the C drive less than 449 gb. (Actually I want to keep the C-drive to 100gb).

Currently my drives are displayed as :

Windows 8_OS (CSmiley Happy  449gb

Lenovo (DSmiley Happy  24.9 gb

New Volume (FSmiley Happy 144 gb

New Volume (GSmiley Happy 144gb

New Volume (HSmiley Happy 144gb

Thanks

Ashis

Ashis
What's DOS?
Views: 1,847
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cannot Shrink the Volume of C Drive beyond 449 GB in Ideapad z580

Oh my Gosh .... I give the hard disk name followed by a Colon ':' and a Right bracket ')' and it became a smiley here. 

mikie
Token Ring
Views: 1,819
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cannot Shrink the Volume of C Drive beyond 449 GB in Ideapad z580

C partition - I might make  a system image backup ... turn off system restore and disable the paging file and run a defrag c: /x    which is a consolidating defrag.  Then if windows disc management cant give a shrink size I'm happy with... reinable what I stopped and make a restore point and run the free minitools partition wizzard.   http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html       I've used it in the past.. works ok here.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors