Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john_o
Fanfold Paper
Views: 245
Message 1 of 2

Cannot configure Synaptics touchpad

My Ideapad Z580 is a month out of warranty and the Synaptics touchpad keys suddenly stopped working todayabout 24 hours after I applied a raft of Windows 8.1 updates. I subsequently did a system restore back to just after the updates were applied and this has given me back use of the left and right touchpad buttons but I also seem to have lost the configuring app, the icon for which used to be in with a load of other hidden icons in the system tray. How can I retrieve it please because, although the touchpad now works again, it is pretty well unusable and I'm having to rely on my trusty old wire less mouse?

john_o
Fanfold Paper
Views: 230
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cannot configure Synaptics touchpad

Forget what I asked in my earlier post. It seems that, if I uninstall the touchpad, then, after a reboot, it is automatically reinstalled but the Synaptics Pointing Device icon subsequently take a long time to reappear in the system tray, allowing me to change settings again. I can't say the touchpad is a joy to use (it never has been) but it is usable even if it does seem to be playing silly buggers now and again, ie the the cursor occasionally picks up fields it passes over and drags them round the screen.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors