Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adsouz35
Paper Tape
Views: 2,158
Message 1 of 5

Cannot connect to Wireless Router - Y410

Hi,

I bought a Lenovo Y410 7757 42Q laptop in India. Now I am using the same at US. Whenever I try to connect to a Wireless Internet Router, I see that everyone sharing the same internet connection suddenly see a significant reduction in the internet speed including mine.

I am not sure why is this happening. I tried re-installing the wireless drivers etc.. But no luck..

I would really appreciate if someone could suggest a solution for this.

Thanks in advance..

iamdh
Serial Port
Views: 2,135
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cannot connect to Wireless Router - Y410

your problem is 'can not connect' or 'low speed internet'? if it is low wireless speed, there are number of components that can affect speed (besides the wireless drivers):

- ISP's available speed

- router software/hardware

- wireless card is low end, network adapter settings.

- network settings

Just google on it.

Dh.

3000 N100-0768DKU
XP Home 5.01.2600 SP2
Ubuntu 8.04(hardy)
adsouz35
Paper Tape
Views: 2,125
Message 3 of 5

Thanks a lot for your response.

Actually I don't see the problem with the ISP or the speed of the internet connection till I connect from my laptop.

Once I connect my laptop there is a sudden drop in the internet speed. It just happens when my laptop establishes the connection with the router.

The worst part is, the moment I connect my laptop, the signal speed starts degrading for other laptops also. As if my laptop is blocking the signals.

This sounds strange..I was not able to find anything on google.. In one of the forums (http://www.fixya.com/support/t952048-lenovo_3000_y410_wifi_problem)they suggested to reinstall the drivers.. But no luck..

Not sure why is this happening..

iamdh
Serial Port
Views: 2,097
Message 4 of 5

I suggest you re-install router(see if any upgrade for router software is available) and use mac-address filter network settings. you can find how to do these two things in your router's manual/website.

Dh.

3000 N100-0768DKU
XP Home 5.01.2600 SP2
Ubuntu 8.04(hardy)
leodavid57
What's DOS?
Views: 1,323
Message 5 of 5

Re: Cannot connect to Wireless Router - YOU

@adsouz35 wrote:

Hi,

I bought a Lenovo Y410 7757 42Q laptop in India. Now I am using the same at US. Whenever I try to connect to a Wireless Internet Router, I see that everyone sharing the same internet connection suddenly see a significant reduction in the internet speed including mine.

I am not sure why is this happening. I tried re-installing the wireless drivers etc.. But no luck..

I would really appreciate if someone could suggest a solution for this.

Thanks in advance..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors