Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gebbeth
Paper Tape
Views: 190
Message 1 of 6

Cannot find Y50 model on Lenovo website

Dear community,

I want to buy a Y50 gaming laptop. I looked it up in amazon uk and I found a Lenovo Y50 with i7-4720HQ, GTX 960M and 1 TB hdd + 8 GB ssd. I tried to look the same model up in Lenovo's website so as to buy it from there. As a student, I'm entitled to a small discount so, why not? But that model is nowhere in the official website. I can only find a Y50 with i7-4710HQ and GTX 860M. How is it possible to find a newer version of Y50 in amazon and NOT in Lenovo's website? Am I missing something?

Thank you for your time

BlaiseBlanton
Punch Card
Views: 180
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cannot find Y50 model on Lenovo website

Hi gebbeth,

I own a Y50-70 2013 model, do not buy this computer. It is however an excellent idea for a computer, and at a fair price. Mine was 4 months old before I mailed it to the repair center last tuesday. Read through the post on this forum and i'm sure you will come to the same conclusion. Switch to MSI or another brand before you waste your money. The 2015 Y50-70 is still new to the market, so all of the defects have not yet been identified. But if you look around you will see that people are having issues with the newer model also.

Highlighted
gebbeth
Paper Tape
Views: 175
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your reply. The new Y50 (July 2015) has a really good system on an approachable price. I will look in the forum, though. But you did not answer my question. Why is the older model only in Lenovo's website?

BlaiseBlanton
Punch Card
Views: 161
Message 4 of 6

You are correct I did not answer your question, and instead I just used your post to vent about my problems with lenovo. The updated model is on there website, they just have not updated the main selection page. But If you click on the Y series, then click on the Y50, and scroll down to the specs, you will see that they all have to new hardware. 

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50/

Still I must advise you again to look at other brands, even though as you are correct the Y series do offer great hardware at a fair price. Either way, best of luck to you.

gebbeth
Paper Tape
Views: 156
Message 5 of 6

I admit that I looked at other brands like MSI and ASUS but I don't feel like they are enough. I already own the Lenovo G500 and although I had some minor compatibility issues (especially with the graphics card - AMD Radeon 8500M) I am quite satisfied. I noticed that you shared a link from the U.S. website. I am located in the UK - but I didn't clarify that... My bad. So in the UK website they don't offer that selection. Here's a link: 

http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50/

I don't know if there is a delay before they show it there, too. But I find it on amazon UK - which is strange.

BlaiseBlanton
Punch Card
Views: 141
Message 6 of 6

My guess is that they haven't bothered to update that website either, this company is falling apart. If you really want to order the 2015 model of that laptop through the Uk lenovo website, then you can do it through the online chat on their site. Although I can not guarantee they will get your order exactly how you want it through the chat window. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors