Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biruk
Blue Screen Again
Views: 623
Message 1 of 5

Changing Language for Lenove Z580

Hi There!

This is Biruk, I bought a lenove Z580 laptop and the language of operating system is in Germany which i don't understand (I am a student in Austria). Can anyone please guide me how to change the language of the operating system to English? I have tried my best by creating a recoversy disc hoping that hoping that it will prompt me to format/recover it in English but nothing, it is still in Germany.

Your help is vital and highly appreciated!

Kind Regards

Biruk

Tinderbox_UK
Broadband 3G
Views: 610
Message 2 of 5

Re: Changing Language for Lenove Z580

You can only change the launguage in windows 7 ultimate as it has multi-language support.

You may be able to use a hack, but i dont know if we allowed to talk about it here.

John.

Win7 Lenovo Ideapad Z580 i5-3210m HD4000 Win7 x64 8gb 1600MHz Samsung 830 256GB SSD
biruk
Blue Screen Again
Views: 606
Message 3 of 5

Thank you dear John!

So, I need to format it with another windows 7, I have windows 7 professional that I got it from m y university!

I will try this one!

thanks a lot

Cheers!

Biruk

Tinderbox_UK
Broadband 3G
Views: 596
Message 4 of 5

I have only ever had Windows 7 home premium, and it askes you your language when you install it, and it says once you chose your language you cannot change it again.

I cannot remember when when i first setup my Lenovo Notebook if it asked me my language if it did just do a system recovery, but burn the recovery dvd`s before you do.

On my Z580 the D: drive has a backup of all the software and drivers, make a copy of this.

John.

Win7 Lenovo Ideapad Z580 i5-3210m HD4000 Win7 x64 8gb 1600MHz Samsung 830 256GB SSD
biruk
Blue Screen Again
Views: 589
Message 5 of 5

Thanks John once again!

Yeah, that was what i know from other laptops (for example in Swedeish language) it ask you to choose your language but this one, strange! it only allows you to choose the keyboard setting and even this one is in Germany.

It all starts in Germany, weird....

Anyways, I will just format it with a new windows 7 os and install all the drivers from D:/

Cheers and Good Night!

Biruk

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors