Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shnayes
What's DOS?
Views: 397
Message 1 of 4

Chip in frame.... workaround?

Hello! So recently I was watching a movie in bed on my lenovo y560, unfortunately I fell asleep, and wasnt the only thing that fell.  My lenovo fell off my chest and somehow, on the way down, chipped and the plastic over the charger jack chipped off.  Only a little bit though, so it now looks like 3/4 of a circle with the top piece missing, the total length of the hole is about 2/3 of an inch.  Trouble is, my charger does not stay in anymore.

I tried to just keep  something there, blocking it in, letting it charge, using the laptop, letting it charge again(with the wire against a wall keeping the plug in the jack) but now, when I plug the charger in it isnt even charging the laptop.  I live in northern new jersey and have no clue if there is service centers around me. or if there is a workaround on this problem.  I have not altered the frame of the lenovo, but would I be able to order a new plastic piece or something? once again, model is y560 0460.

Any help is extraordinarily appreciated

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 373
Message 2 of 4

Re: Chip in frame.... workaround?

Was the power brick plugged into the laptop when it fell? If so, the leverage on the plug may have damaged the socket, not just the plastic.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

shnayes
What's DOS?
Views: 335
Message 3 of 4

I dont think it was, but the constant pressure needed to keep the power brick plugged in may have pushed back the jack in which it charges, since it worked for several days after the incident. Possible support options?
shnayes
What's DOS?
Views: 298
Message 4 of 4

Bump for me needing to know how to fix this before I go back to college

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors