Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dumfing
Paper Tape
Views: 160
Message 1 of 3

Clarification before I upgrade to an ssd

So, I want to upgrade the sshd on my y50 to an ssd. afaik, using the vanilla iso from microsoft https://www.microsoft.com/ I can install windows and the product key stuff handles itself but I was wondering if there were any required/useful lenovo drivers that are needed because I've tried updating intel drivers before where the program says there where manufacturer drivers installed.

Am I fine with just installing fresh windows and using the default nvidia and intel drivers?

Highlighted
kamalnath
Token Ring
Views: 139
Message 2 of 3

Re: Clarification before I upgrade to an ssd

Yes you are fine with that..... but you may need audio driver,touchpad,driver,IRST,WLAN drivers from Lenovo..If you have any problems during installation of drivers get back to me i will assist you,Drivers are here... Smiley Happy

Cheers

Kamal

Dont forget to click KUDOS button(right down this sentence)if i have helped you....Ask any questions or Doubts,iam always ready to help.... Smiley Happy
tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 126
Message 3 of 3

Re: Clarification before I upgrade to an ssd

Its not that simply and will take work after to get it not only updated from WU and available driver installed. How current they are for your machine? Well you just have to look in the support section for your model with the same base OS and see what is offered and note the dates release. Some will be quite old if there at all.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors