Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-12-2015

Canada

2 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 1 of 1

Clean Windows 10 installation questions (Y50)

2015-08-12, 3:57 AM

Hello, I am receiving my Y50-70 in a week from now, and plan on clean installing Windows 10 with a bootable USB. However, I have some questions regarding any possible complications;

1. Will the 8GB SSD cache still work after this? Will there be any sort of problems with this (things to note)?

2. I've seen that the Y50 has two partitions of the 1TB HDD. Will clean installing affect this and what is the purpose of the two partitions in the first place?

3. I've read a thread on the Lenovo forums where people were having lag issues because they did not have the Lenovo Energy Management program installed, and the settings prior to the wipe were kept so that the performance was sub-par. Should I be worried about this, or will installing the Energy Management program after installing Windows 10 prevent any sort of problem similar to this?

4. Regarding drivers, which ones would you recommend me downloading from the manufacturer? For starters, I am installing the NVIDIA graphics driver from NVIDIA. Should I install the Intel drivers from Intel, etc.? The rest will come from the Y50-70 downloads page from Lenovo.

5. Anything else to note regarding clean installing Windows 10 on a Lenovo laptop/Y50-70?

Thank you for your time!

---

P.S. I bolded the important parts for the longer questions.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms