Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
curiousengineer
Paper Tape
Views: 1,633
Message 1 of 2

Clean install of windows on SSD for Lenovo Z50-75

I have bought a Lenovo Z50-75 with AMD processor and AMD graphics and a 1TB HDD, but have found to it to be extremely slow and have decided to put in a new SSD and do fresh install of Windows. I am very disappointed with the speed of this thing.

(1) Since, the machine did not come with any recovery disk how do I reinstall windows 10 on an empty SSD put into it?

(2) I would prefer that I not have to deal with Bloatware and crapware to get better performance, how do I make sure that I don't end up with it again?

(3) This machine certainly has the windows 10 product key stored inside the hardware which should be picked up by the installer. However, if I decide that I don't want this Windows 10 rather I want Windows 7 or less likely Windows 8, what shall be the procedure then?

I am including Windows 7 and 8 here too since I may decide to change to them on this extra laptop of mine and make sure that it never makes me update to Windows 10.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,626
Message 2 of 2

Re: Clean install of windows on SSD for Lenovo Z50-75

(1) Since, the machine did not come with any recovery disk how do I reinstall windows 10 on an empty SSD put into it?

Comment: Use the Novo button to access the recovery menu to restore the unit to factory condition or if you have your own backup image you can use it. Read the manual.

(2) I would prefer that I not have to deal with Bloatware and crapware to get better performance, how do I make sure that I don't end up with it again?

Comment: You can clean install. However, you will be removing the Lenovo recovery feature forever.

(3) This machine certainly has the windows 10 product key stored inside the hardware which should be picked up by the installer. However, if I decide that I don't want this Windows 10 rather I want Windows 7 or less likely Windows 8, what shall be the procedure then?

Comment: It will be the same procedure. Just see to it that you have the necessary drivers for whatever version you decide. Expect some surprises since the unit is supposed to be made and tested for Win 10.

Suggestion: Try using a raid setup in a single enclusure similar to this if possible.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors