Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Winterwolf24
What's DOS?
Views: 5,603
Message 1 of 2

Cleaning Dust off of Lenovo Y50

Hi, I've recently just purchased the lenovo Y50. I noticed that the ventalation areas on the bottom of the laptop are accumulating a lot of dust. I was wondering how to clean this? Should I take off the bottom cover and try to blow the dust out or take some kind of wet sponge and swipe across the exterior of the vent?

Thanks!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 5,577
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cleaning Dust off of Lenovo Y50

Welcome to the forum!

I would try using a can of compressed air to blow out the fan and ventilation grills.  Use short bursts of air to blow out the passages as long burst may over rev the fan.  Also be sure to blow air in both the intake and exhaust grills to remove dust from both directions.  That always works best for me.  Canned compressed air is available at any office supply store or big box store. 

I would avoid using a damp cloth or sponge on the grills until you have the insides blown out of all the dust bunnies.  Getting the inner accumulated dust wet may solidify it when dried if it isn't totally removed.

If you have any removable covers on the bottom that have vent slits you can remove these for cleaning.  As for removing the entire laptop bottom that would take quite a bit of disassembling to accomplish that chore.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors