Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

92 Posts

02-16-2013

Miami, Florida USA

53 Signins

664 Page Views

• Views: 664
  • Message 1 of 1

Cleaning the keys of the Y580

2013-04-07, 21:06 PM

I am never letting any of my friends touch my Y580 again. I loaned my friend my Y580 for an hour to write a paper while I was in class and the dummy spilled a bit of his fruit cup on the "j" to ";" corridor of the keyboard. The keys still work when pressed and the backlight still goes on, it has just become annyoying to type l,k,;',.,/ and the shift key. They will stick work when pressed, they will just rise up slowly or be hard to press. Good thing I am doing a Japanese script essay for my Japanese class; I won't have to use the l key (the most stubborn key on the board right now).

Can I pop out the keys and clean them that way or do I have to unscrew the keyboard with the screws it is attached with at the bottom. Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms